Sliding Hatch

Gmilburn

Member III
Hi all,

This may be a tough question--but here goes anyway.

I have a friend that is parting out an Ericson 32 and has a teak sliding hatch cover that he would like to sell me.

Anyone know if it would fit or could be cut down to fit an Ericson 29?

He says it is "about 36 inches by 32 inches".

My boat is not available now to measure my hatch cover.

Anyone know if it would fit?

Gmilburn

Member III
I think he has already sold most stuff on E-Bay or is planning to! Just search Ebay Motors (Boats are a sub heading under that category) for Ericson.

He didn't want to Ebay the Hatch because the weight and shipping would have been prohibitive. I have provisionally bought it from him--and if it doesn't work for me--I will either cut it down to fit my E29 or resell it here (I will offer it here first) or on Ebay.

albert bilbo

regarding the slideing hatch

im just learning this computer so no font please i have a 74 32 sloop and ive just rebuilt the entire inside complete gut due to rotten chainplates my contience wouldnt let me just quick fix so away i went any way i had the pleasurer of building a new slide hatch good thing i enjoy woodworking ill be posting all pics as soon as i figurer out how anyway i doubt the hatch will fit and i dont know how hanmdy you are iD sell it to me ha. i would love to build you a custom one im really into striped wood red and white under highgloss ohhh! let me know if i can help im a wood carver so i also carved my interior shells and such!i'd also love to get my hands on a atomi

albert bilbo

grabrails

ive been stripping the outside wood on the hatches before refinishing and ive noticed my grabrails are loose and leaking in through my newly regasketed portholes id love to replace them but how did they install them originally wood screws into the balsa? becouse they dont come through inside and i dont want to drill them through becouse ill have to pinch the two layers and there is other fasteners in there that will dent outward id also consider mirror grabrails inside but how would i install a spacer any one help me