Senta has her color back and a wardobe change too

Sven

Seglare
I really like Senta in her original blue cove stripe ! The plugged portholes are now also fixed with the plywood gone, replaced with solid FG. The silly TV and phone hookup on the _outside_ of the hull is also now just a memory.

We got the geonoa back with a new white sacrificial UV cover and the symmetric spinnaker has been re-cut into a cruising spinnaker. Both were done on time for just under one BOAT total.

We took the opportunity to hoist the little mystery sail while the genoa was down. Turns out that the sail bag was right, it is a 7.25 oz small working (storm ?) jib. It stops short of the masthead by 25% or so and I'd guess it is a 95% jib. Seems to be in excellent shape so we're very happy with that discovery.

Some before and after pictures below and the small jib and the new white UV cover on the genoa.

-Sven

Attachments

• DSC_9706.jpg
    DSC_9706.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_0220.jpg
    DSC_0220.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0231.jpg
    DSC_0231.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC_0255_2.jpg
    DSC_0255_2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 96

Sven

Seglare
Hi Sam,

She is beautiful. What a difference!

Thanks ... yes we love the traditional color scheme.

There is still some work to be done down at the water line on the port side but the guy is supposed to have put in 100 hours glassing, fairing, sanding and painting some 5-10 coats. We had 8 different people come by on the dock and by dingy to tell us how Chico had been there working all the time :)

Thanks again,

-Sven

Glyn Judson

Better watch out!!

Sven, It's a good thing your boat is nowhere near ours. Any boat that even starts to look better gets the treatment from my dive service. I pay a retainer to them every month and all I have to do is pick up the phone to direct them to a given boat. They will then dive the boat in question at midnight and take a brace and bit to the bottom of the hull and sink her right there in the slip. You've been warned!! She looks lovely, be proud, Glyn

Sven

Seglare
Hi Glyn,

Sven, It's a good thing your boat is nowhere near ours. Any boat that even starts to look better gets the treatment from my dive service. I pay a retainer to them every month and all I have to do is pick up the phone to direct them to a given boat. They will then dive the boat in question at midnight and take a brace and bit to the bottom of the hull and sink her right there in the slip. You've been warned!! She looks lovely, be proud, Glyn

I'm not worried, we have a way to go before we'd make you envious :D

There are still drips and other imperfections from the repaint job too that need fixing before those cosmetics are finished.

Thanks for the nice words anyway and yes we are proud of her.

-Sven

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Sven,

Did you paint your own sheer stripe or didyou have it done professionally? It looks mighty shiny!

Sven

Seglare
Keith,

Did you paint your own sheer stripe or didyou have it done professionally? It looks mighty shiny!

Professionally, in the slip !

It included removing the plywood plugs that filled the flush-deck portholes and replacing the plywood with solid FG. 5-10 coats of Awlgrip. The work at the waterline on the port side needs touch-ups but I still don't see how he did that part.

-Sven