selling sails

stvsem

1 main (fully battened) and 1 genoa from an ericson 30+. main dim luff 37ft, leech 40ft, foot 12ft 5in. genoa dim luff 34ft 8in, leech 33ft, foot 18ft 8in. main has 2 reef pts. genoa will fit roller furler. $20.00 for both. willing to travel within 50 miles of 49276 to deliver.
stvsem@gmail.com 317-445-2556

Attachments

• IMG_0957.JPG
    IMG_0957.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0961.JPG
    IMG_0961.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 62

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
If you are really only asking $20.00 for both of them I'll take them! How old are they and what kind of shape are they in? The pictures are a little soft.

Who are the makers of these sails? Is the main loose-footed; looks like it in the picture.

Last edited:

stvsem

i don't know the age of either sail. my best guess is 15 years+. i've noticed no tears. the main is NOT loose footed. you may call my cell if you have other questions. steve

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
I have decided I don't really need these sails, so they are still available for anyone else.

JorritWit

I'm interested and will pay duties transport to Ontario canada.... but I need to know if the measurements are the same... I have a Ericson 30 1969. I ripped my jenny when it caught on the streaders. Just need to measure mine. Will try to get that tomorrow. :egrin:

Jorrit
416-818-8413
jorrit.wit@vertexsoft.com

PDX

Member III
E30+ and E30-1 rig dimensions are not the same

The E30+ has a fractional rig with a huge mainsail. It is high aspect with a long mainsail luff and short foot.

The E30-1 has a balanced masthead rig. It is low aspect, with a shot mainsail luff and long foot. The mainsail luff measurement is 30.5 feet, while the foot measurement is 12.8 feet. I don't know the equivalent measurements on a 30+ but the luff has to be several feet longer

JorritWit

Great site and members

Too bad.

Another general note: It is amazing how much people know on this site. Someone like me has to learn alot and I read alot of posts to learn. Thanks to everyone that spreads the Ericson knowledge.