Sellers question (87 E 32)

dcsdiego3

Member I
Love her but really does not make sense to keep her any more since I have entered a travel phase of life and have moved to Boulder CO to boot.
Question. I really don't have the time to find new sails and bring her up to bristol as I could but even though I do not need to squeeze max dollar out of her, would I be taking a bath if I don't?
Thanks

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Sails are really not that big a deal for some folks. A general lack of maintenance that is evidenced by dirty bilges, faded gelcoat, engine problems, etc. will cost you though. Take the time to clean her up and make her look nice and you will take less of a bath.

Mindscape

Member III
What Tim said

I agree with Tim.

When I bought my 32-3 I inspected the sails and they were not in great shape. I tried using this as a negociating point and didn't get real far, at least with respect to the cost to replace vs. any discount I got. The fact that the rest of the boat was in great shape probably contributed to that.

Too bad you have to sell her - have fun traveling!

mlaw

Is your boat still for sale?

If so, email me the particulars and any pics you might have.

Mark

dcsdiego3

Member I
It is for sale yes

Just ordered new Sobstad sails and sail cover. Hauling out tom for bottom job, detailing and to get a survey done. I was not going to advertise til done but will get photos and stats to you.. email me at dcsdiego3@gmail.com
619 921 3528