Seeking portlight vinyl interior trim.....

DynamicDave

Member I
Time to reseal and repair my tired old aluminum portlights. Can't seem to find a supplier for the Inside 9/16" decorative vinyl trim that has become UV brittle and shrinking like my budget! Any ideas, links, product out there? Mid 70's, unkn manufacturer, no factory markings, & 3/16" tempered glass. This grey trim fills the dust channel on the inside of the port, around the entire perimeter, only 3/8" deep. Comments, please. db

DynamicDave

Member I
As posted previously, try Catalina Direct!

I took a gamble and ordered the Portlight reseal kit for a C30 that had 38' of inside AND outside UV Vinyl trim along w/ a couple of tubes of 4200 and some popcycle sticks, all for 100Bucks! I got lucky in that the trim is a Match! One tube of sealant was split open and they refunded my $ on that item alone. I'm using Butyl tape supplied by a cool place in Portland, Pacific Putty that carries many sizes and widths for WAY cheap (bring cash though). The whole shebang = 6 5x14 ports and 4 trapezoid larger ports rebuilt/sealed and reinstalled for a Saturdays work and $120!! They look great w/o the silicone sealant smeared on the outside and the hard water marks removed, I even polished up the aluminum a little bit. We'll see how they seal most any day now! DB