Seattle and Portland shows coming...

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Having decided, after last year's dissappointing displays, that I might pass on both....
I find that the PDX boatshow promoters are now really "papering the house" with 2-for-1 tickets. Anyone know if there are any freebie deals for the Seattle show?
Sometimes a small group of us car-pool up for a visit. While I had decided not to go, I must retract and stick with "never say never" as a better policy.
:rolleyes:

I admit that I do miss the days of the huge sailboat display in the King Dome with the two outside tents -- we would drive up and spend the night, doing one show each day (the other being the in-water show).

Hmm... I guess that longing for the "good 'ol days" is a sign of old age.....
:)

Anyone want to carpool from PDX? Meet up in Seattle? Whatever!?

Best,
Loren in PDX
Olson 34 #8
:egrin:

mark reed

Member III
Hi Loren,
We'll be driving up from Corvallis area to Seattle either Friday night (1/16) or Saturday morning, attending Seattle boat shows Saturday and Sunday, driving home Monday. If you're up there at the same time, let's meet.

Mark Reed
S/V Southern Cross, E-38

PS Thanks for your helpful info a few months back regarding keel bolts. After hauling, it turned out that ours were fine. We had a transducer leaking into space between hull and tri-axial grid. It appeared dry from inside, so the source of the leak was hard to detect.