Sea Hood - for cost of ship

Walter Pearson

Member III
I have an unfinished sea hood made for E27 that I hesitate to toss in the dumpster. It's balsa-cored and needs a bit of fiberglass work around the perimeter. I weighs around 24 lbs. plus packaging. Shipping from 55119. More construction info, if interested. It was never mounted - photos just show checking for fit. The form used to construct layup is also available.
Fit Check 01.jpgFit Check 03.jpg

davisr

Member III
I have an unfinished sea hood made for E27 that I hesitate to toss in the dumpster. It's balsa-cored and needs a bit of fiberglass work around the perimeter. I weighs around 24 lbs. plus packaging. Shipping from 55119. More construction info, if interested. It was never mounted - photos just show checking for fit. The form used to construct layup is also available.
View attachment 14168View attachment 14169

Walter, I'm interested, as this will likely fit the E25.

Roscoe

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Walter- I don't need the sea hood, but I was interested in how you installed the teak grab handle on the starboard interior of the companionway. What did you run the bolts through? I have a lousy metal handle mounted on the instrument locker and its virtually un-grabbable. I would love to have a nice sturdy handle in that exact location but I haven't been able to figure out a good way to mount it.

Thanks,

Doug

Walter Pearson

Member III
The boat had those grab handles when it was purchased. There is one on starboard and port sides. As best I can remember, plugged bung holes were visible top and bottom of the handles and I assume fasteners went into the edge of the side trim pieces. They were held sufficiently and I can hardly imagine living without them. The only photo I have (that was taken in the digital age) shows the handles a little better.
DSCN2671.jpg