Sailmaker recommendadtions ?

Sven

Seglare
I've got a referral question if I didn't already catch you on the sailnet list ...

Given that price is important, but not the primary concern, which on-line accessible sail makers would you recommend ? Quality and customer-oriented attitude are the highest priority.

Private replies are fine if you'd prefer not to vent in public about personal experiences.

Thank You,

-Sven

Bartlett Sails

I happen to live in Austin, home of Bartlett, so I do have first hand experience. John Bartlett has years of experience both sailing and sail making. He and his shop produce quality sails. He refit my 1973 E25 last year, with a new main and genoa and I can wholeheartedly recommend him.

Attachments

• boating 005.jpg
    boating 005.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 270

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Spreaders for spreaders

Blow Me has a Tall rig-I think. IIRC, the tall rig used the same section and spreader location as the std. rig, but this left too much rig unsupported below the spreaders. The mini spreaders deal with this to keep the lower part of the section in column.
Blow Me Blow Me Blow Me!

Lawdog

Member III
new sails

I used Morelli sails out of Ventura. He's a young guy with tons of experience, and installed a new furlex roller and made me a 140% genoa, which I just used in the Newport Ensenada race, adn best of all, he was at least a grand cheaper than the next quote.
Neal
Enterprise
E38

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Morrelli Sails

Yeah, Gino is my Italian cousin, and another great sailmaker. Morrell, Morrelli, who's counting?

Just kidding (about the cousin part)-he is a great sailmaker!

Sven

Seglare
>Originally posted by Sean Engle

Hey Sean ... haven't seen you here in ages. Welcom back to your own board even if you sold it ! :)

-Sven

rssailor

Sailmakers

Sven,
Check out thing boat shows and I would buy when the sailmakers are giving their winter discounts. Quantum and UK are both good sail makers. Also check out the small local lofts down there, I bet there are some good local sailmakers. Ask around at your marina or yacht club. Good luck and I bet seth could give you some good advice as he is very knowledgeable. Ryan