Sailing Yesterday

wurzner

Member III
Loren,

Sorry you are on the hard, but I need to do a little bragging here. We went out sailing yesterday and it was ~50 degrees with about 25 knots of wind and no rain for the 3 hours we were out. (Loren lives in Portland and it always seems they are a few degrees warmer and a little drier than we are up north...it was nice to see we FINALLY had a nicer day than they did!)

The sailing was fantastic as the wind was E/SE so the water was relatively flat given the wind conditions and we put about 20 miles under the keel. I must say we are really lucky living here in the PNW and yesterday was a prime example!

I hadn't been out sailing for about a month due to weather and travel which is a really long time for me. It was an absolutely fantastic trip. Also, there was a women on board who is interested in buying a 38 who drove most of the time and it was nice sitting back watching the water really rush buy. We was upwards of 8 knots over the water with the 90% and one reef on the main! I believe I sold her on what a great boat the Ericsons are. The other person with here is a proffesional skipper/delivery captain and he was equally impressed with the performance and solid feel to the boat.

Too bad I need to do maintenance on the boat today or it would be a repeat performance.

I love my boat!

Shaun