Sailboat Junk Yard in Long Beach

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Sailboat Junk Yard in Long Beach

I found this place while searching Craig's List in LA. The place has no sign in front and you would never know it's there. I checked it out on Saturday and it's kind of like a Pick A Part for Sailboats. I think they are getting a lot of scrap hardware from derelict boats that the Port Of LA has been having scraped.

They have Outboards, winches, blocks, sails, fittings, safety gear, , bow rollers, anchors, chain, road, halyards, teak and on and on. Nothing is priced and I found it best to just make a offer on stuff. I saw some guys come in with bolt and wire cutters to take hardware off of spars.

It's located near the corner of 17th & Hays Streets in Long Beach just off PCH, west of the 710 FWY. Call Valerie 562-200-9108 for directions.

Here's the ad I responded to on Craig's List:

Beautiful Entryway Hatch For 27 Ericson - $200 (Long Beach)

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/boa/1087818315.html

Refinished teak,gorgeous.

This is the Sailboat Junk Yard in Long Beach.

Call Valerie 562-200-9108

I actually went and checked this out. Nice shape, could use some maintenance coats of spar varnish. It looked a tad tall for my boat that has the traveler over the Companion Way. I did not take measurements but I think it would defiantly fit a E-27. They also had a Formica E-27 table there that needed a little work on one of the hinges.

Oh Yeah, I bought two used Winchard Snap Shackles for 10 bucks each that are listed in the WM Catalog for almost 58 bucks each. My friend bought a whisker pole that needed a end fitting for 5 bucks.

I will defiantly be going back.

Attachments

• Hatch.jpg
    Hatch.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 2,962
Last edited: