Rubrail

Starduff

Member II
I own an Ericson 28, which has aluminum rubrails. My problem is that it is missing the end cap on the portside bow. Anyone know where I can find a replacement?

Richard

Starduff

Member II
I just received a reply from Pacific Seacraft in my quest for an end cap to my E28 rubrail. It read:
"Pacific Seacraft recently changed hands and moved to the east coast. All of the Ericson assets were sold separately. I’m not sure to who. Wish I could be of some help. Best of luck. Steve Brodie
The search continues. Any ideas?

Richard

Last edited:

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
On my 35-2 both sides are the same. If I lost one I would take the other to a shop that could cast a duplicate. On second thought because I am cheap I would find a high school kid who has metal shop and have him cast one. Hope it helps, Edd

Starduff

Member II
Rub Rail

Edd,

Terriffic ideas! Thanks. just needed someone to open my eyes to a possible simpler solution. Sometimes you just can't see the forest for the trees.

Richard

GMaurer

Member II
Rub rail replacement

I too have the E-28.
I have all the end caps, but the rail really needs replacing.

I've looked in catalogs, but can't find the rail to match.
Any ideas?

Starduff

Member II
Rub Rail Replacement

I don't think you will be able to get Ericson original equipment replacements for your Rub Rails. Pacific Seacraft was bought by another company and sold off the Ericson assets separately. The person who answered my inquiry could not tell me to whom. From the research I have done so far, including reading some earlier threads, I would suggest Checking out Port Supply and MESCO for possible Aluminum replacements. Otherwise, check out TACO Metal. An alternative, and maybe the simplest, would be metal rails with vinyl inserts from West Marine. You could have your local marina order or install them if you don't want to tackle the job on your own.
If you choose one of these routes, I know someone who would be interested in your end caps! (me) :egrin:

Richard

Last edited:

Don Smith

Member II
Several years ago a dock crashed into the side of my 1985 E26, badly damaging the aluminum rub rail. When I took the boat to the boatyard for repairs, the yard foreman told me that he thought that the rub rail was a standard aluminum extrusion, and sure enough, he found it listed in a supply cataloge.

I've found that much of the stuff on Ericsons is not custom made for Ericsons, and is available from suppliers unconnected to Pacific Seacraft.