Roller Furling

Bobg

Member I
Hi All, I have just purchased a ericson 29 and would like to install Roller furling, does any one out there have one on their 29, any recommendations for a decent furling system? Thanks a lot Bobg

Ken Haneline

Member II
Roller furling for 30+

Bobg: I am installing the Profurl system this spring (if it ever comes!) . I bought a new headsail from Seth Morrell on this site. He was very helpful and had some very good pricing. Look him up. Thanks, Ken

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
sails, furlers, and dollars

When I put a new roller reefing system on our boat in '95, I went thru UKsailmakers NW, and got a great "winter price" on the genny and also a price on the Harken furler much lower than even the best P__t S_pply price at that time. They claimed to be one the largest Harken dealers in the NW and did indeed save me some real money over buying this stuff separately -- I imagine most large sailmakers do this. North used to sell Harken furlers with a North label on them, even...
(maybe they still do, for all I know)

I note that Ken liked the expertise and attention from Seth; I like Tim Knight at UK. In this impersonal day and age, I think that we all still value a personal touch for these important purchases...
:)
It's a good thing for us that people like Seth are passionate about thier work and like to share their knowledge!

:D

Loren in Portland, OR
Olson 34 #8