Roll Call

daviddri

Hi - I just purchased a 1981 Ericson 38 and interested if there are others in the PNW with advice to offer regarding sailing in Puget Sound, good moorage spots, etc. Would also be nice to understand just how many are actually in the area. Cheers...dave

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi David,

Ask away. Let us know whether you're north or south of the city or whatever info you think is necessary for the topic. There are a lot of Ericson owners around the Pacific NW who will chime in.

Cheers.

daviddri

Thanks!

Great - I am currently on moored Lake Union (and live on the east side), but planning to relocate to Blaine for now. Open to ideas for great (and available) moorage north of Everett. Dave

Guy Stevens

Cruising or living aboard and working?

If you are cruising there are so many places there to anchor and hang out that I could not list all of them within 2 hours of Shilshole bay Marina.

If you are living aboard and looking to have the boat somewhere that is not hanging out, then there are more limits. Normally 48 degrees north does an issue every year that lists all the marinas.

Guy
:)

daviddri

Moorage

Yep - as a kayaker, I know some great spots for overnighting, etc. Should have been more specific that I was looking for reco's on long-term moorage for a 38'. Have looked in LaConner, Bellingham, etc both of which have lengthy waitlists.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Too Bad that the planned barge canal from the Coumbia River to Puget Sound was never built in the late 1800's.....
Lots of good moorage in Portland!
:rolleyes: