Revitalizing fiberglass surface

FrankZ

Member I
Happy New Year all!

I'm wondering if anyone out there has a polishing/cleaning product that you've used and liked for bringing the fiberglass deck and cockpit surface back to full life. My 38' Ericson is a 1986 and its in pretty good condition, probably just a polishing/buffing product is all I need.

Thanks in advance.

Frank Z

NateHanson

Sustaining Member
Careful with polishing or waxing the deck. You might be ice-skating if you do that. Perhaps there's a cleaner that would help though. I'm not familiar with any myself.

Emerald

Hi,

I am getting ready to try a product called "Sure Step" from Aurora. I have not used it before, but have heard many positive reports. So, without having tried it myself, but about to be a guinea pig on myself, here's the link in case you are game also:

http://www.auroramarine.com/aurora/catalog/01420/index.html

For the record, no affiliation with anyone selling anything....

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

chaco

Member III
RV Stuff !

I use 3M Cleaner/Polisher, then RV Cleaner/Polisher/UV for upkeep on the Hull.
Use ZEP Orange Cleaner for tough stains on the Decks and RV Wash
(with fiberglass revitalizers and UV treatment) for upkeep.
Leaves your deck clean with LOTS of traction :p
ZEP Orange is the THING for icky bilges, leaves your bilge fresh and clean.
These products work GREAT and keep you out of....well you know
that STORE :eek:
Haven't used waxes or polisher on the deck, cause I'm scared of the
slippery results.
This is where HD and WM really come in handy for stuff.
I actually found 3M 5200 at HD...whoa :D

Happy Cleaning /) /)

Jeff Meier

Member II
Emerald said:
I am getting ready to try a product called "Sure Step" from Aurora. I

David, please let us know what you think about this product. I am in the same situation as Frank Z, the topsides of my '86 32-3 are in great condition but i would like to regain that luster that makes us all drool over new(er) boats.

Jeff

Emerald

Hi,

You might say, I got side stepped...

At the time that I made the post, I did not realize I was on the verge of recoring the step for my mast. Check here if interested in seeing a step by step account of the repair:

http://home.comcast.net/~independence31/core/looksbad.html

I am now doing a rudder repair as my final must do before relaunch in about 10 days. So, I am probably a few weeks from realistically having a chance to try it. I will post back with my impressions when I do.

-David
Independence 31
Emerald