Replacement water tanks on E27

Tom Russ

The PO of my E27 removed the factory water tanks to save weight. While He was primarily interested in racing, I use Ol' Blue for cruising. Until now I have been using potable water stored in various containers around the boat but I am thinking about installing a water tank and foot pumps. I have the original metals tanks and they are in excellent condition but I am thinking about a bladder (or two) under the settee(s). I like the large storage space under the V berth where the original tanks were.
Any advice or cations before I blindly march down this road?
Tom Russ
Ol' Blue E27 #428:egrin:

bigtyme805

Member III
From a personal standpoint I like the bladder/plastic type of tank. I took out the metal tanks on mine also, and installed the plastic type by Todd. I have a 25 gallon tank now and I am very happy. Easy install because there is so much room under the V-berth on the E27.

hcpookie

Member III
I think it boils down to personal preference. Look in the Specs & Documents section for the factory drawings for the original tank config.

You should consider what it will take to fill the tanks before you go out... dragging the water hose from tank to tank could get tiring, considering you'd have to uproot everything sitting on top of the tank to fill them. Personally, I like the water tank in the V-berth for this reason, because I find it easier to move the V cushions around. But that's just me.

How to you plan to extract the water? You may have to worry with moving stuff around from settee to settee if you ever need to get more water. Unless you're plumbing all the tanks together?

I find the storage under the settees is real nice for tool boxes and the like. All personal preference IMO.