Removing Name Stickers

Emerald

Gently heat them with something benign like a hair dryer. You don't need the power of a heat gun. Take it slow, as you probably won't need much heat to release them, and less heat is better for the surrounding finish.

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
spray...

Our vinyl lettering guy has a spray that he uses to both remove the old and prep the surface for the new. Not sure what it is, but I bet if you called a lettering place they'd tell you.
Chris

PS. Don't forget the champagne involved if it isn't the same spelling!:egrin:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I use a heat gun on low with no problem. Just wait until you see the letters start to lift or bubble. Then grab a corner and start pulling up as you apply light heat. You may also be able to use Bestine (Rubber Cement Remover). You can find it at art supply stores. Before I became a Digital Graphic Designer I was a sign painter. I do vinyl graphics for friends boats as well as my own. Good Luck. Should work.

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Lettering Removal

I have used a product called DIF, it can be found @ Lowes, Home Depot, Menards in the wallpaper area. It breaks down the adhesive. Works great. Rob Hessenius

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I think I used a heat gun (very lightly) and MEK on my old, old ones...

//sse

jkm

Member III
I have old vinyl numbers to remove.

I'll start with
1. BEK
2. Bestin/dif
3. Hairdryer (have to sneak this out)
4. Heat gun on low

This will be next weekends project.
This site is loaded with good advice!!!!!!

John

Stugy

Member II
removing name

I just renamed my boat ( I had de-naming ceremony and will have re-maing ceremony as well- recommended :egrin: )
and I used a heat gun which I purchased for $15 at Lowe's it came out very easy and used lacquer thinner to remove the glue.

E-27 Tipsea. (ex- Cloud Croft)