raising sails on e-29

glen_dc

Member II
I must admit it was my first time for me to raise sails ever but it was kinda hard. I even asked a passenger to help me to raise the jib. Is it my boat (e-29) or just me?

Mike Thomas

Member II
Glen

When you say first time. Do you mean on a sailboat or the specific boat that you now have?

Normally you should try to keep the boat head to wind with the engine running when you are raising your sails. This will take the wind's pressure off of them. Sorry if that is to basic.

Let us know your experience level and I'm sure everyone on the list will help. We were all there at one time....

Mike T
E-29

rcundy1

Welcome to the family. I got my E-29 last fall and i really love it

with regard to the sails I do have to use the winch on the mast to raise my jib the last few feet. The main will usually go up without the winch.

Ron

glen_dc

Member II
ok, I'll use winch for the last inches. I thought it's something wrong with my boat - but i guess it's common.

This is my first boat ever and I do like her. This is love at first glance for the entire family.

glen_dc

Member II
The prev. owner when we were test driving her did not use winch either. But I could not raise the sailes by myslef alone. I guess I did something wrong.

jkm

Member III
Welcome to the board

I doubt you did anything wrong. Just keep sailing and it will get easier.

At the end of a good sail I tend to do exercises to keep up my strength, like opening beers.

Have a great summer.

John