Pretty amazing drone footage of Sailing out west

Matey

Member III

http://vimeo.com/89371109

Our Spring One Design Regatta out of the St Francis Yacht Club in San Francisco. Filmed by an Aerial Quadcopter DJI Phantom 2 with GoPro lens. I'm a trimmer on Express 27 USA 8477 blue/red/blue kite.

These things look to be pretty crazy cool.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2
dji-phantom-2-uk-stock.jpg

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
So they can operate in some wind, impressive.

Of all the recent consumer technologies, I think this new ability to peer and peep and serve/intrude is going to raise issues that society has never legislated for or dealt with before. Now, where did I put my Google Glasses?

Matey

Member III
Yea .. how much wind is one of my questions. This was an uncommon light day for the City Front. Summer will be a different animal. I'm thinking our local photg's are looking this guy up. Hope anyway.

Regards, Greg
So they can operate in some wind, impressive.

Of all the recent consumer technologies, I think this new ability to peer and peep and serve/intrude is going to raise issues that society has never legislated for or dealt with before. Now, where did I put my Google Glasses?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Cool!

Interesting!
Up til now airborne video was done by spendy planes ($$) or choppers ($$$$).
This has the possibility of vastly lowering the cost, albeit only if it can operate in true winds of 15 to 20.

Thanks for the link!
:)

Loren

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
A couple years ago I listened to a debate about the right to privacy issues that civilian drone technology brings forward. Im not sure I want a drone with a camera flying over my fence and taking photos or video of my wife in the backyard pool..lol

On a more serious note, I have a son who is working towards his commercial pilot's license. I worry about him flying in the Cessna through the same airspace where a kid's done is flying and hitting it.

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
No, seriously, Officer! I was just skeet-shooting on my own property when that thing swooped into the range!

I want me one of this...

Wow this is amazing! Anyone on the East coast has one of those? There are so many races on lower bay NY they could make a killing...

Ccaptain

Ccaptain
Flying photo shoot

I saw where a realtor was using a remote control helicopter to film his listed properties. Seems the FAA got involved and suspended his activities until they could figure out what law he might be breaking. Next up they will want to regulate kite flying.