Possible 2008 Lake Erie Rendezvous

Gary Peterson

Marine Guy
What would the possibility be that us Lake Erie sailors could have a Lake Erie get together in 2008?:thinker:

During the Great Lakes "Hot Stove League (re winter)" yacht club bar meetings, this topic is always discussed by other owners. I believe there are enough owners and families that this could be done. There are 6 Ericsons alone in Ford Yacht Club.:cheers:
Just an idea to kick around.
:egrin:
Gary Peterson
E381 QUIXOTIC

sleather

Sustaining Member
Tiny E's accepted?

That might be a really good reason to get my "trailer rebuild" done "sooner" than later. I've fished The Islands for over 10 years and spending a week on Erie, in my 23, could be fun!

Where's the Ford?

spencer

Member II
possible 2008 rondevous

gary, I stopped at your club this past July on my way up north for what was supposed to be a overniter that turned into a 4 day stay.I was on my e-38 and traveling with a friend on his Gulfstar 42. We spent the time getting parts for and reparing a broken water pump on his Perkins diesel. Every one was very friendly and very helpful. You have a great club with a fantastic view. Didnt like all that seaweed though. Heading into the east basin from the channel I actually thought I was aground. Turns out I was pushing a ton of seaweed with the keel. Any way I was very surprised to see 3 E-38s at your place plus a couple of other Ericsons. I think that is the most I have seen in one place ever. I do know of a 38 at the Dock of the Bay Marina and one at Edge Water YC. Also did get to meet the owner of ( I think)1987 E-38 while at your club. I think he was a past Commodore,since Im very bad at remembering names, maybe he was you. Does that make any sense? well to your question, if time allows next summer I would be up to meeting somewhere on the river or the lake

Gary Peterson

Marine Guy
Spencer,
I think I was working in Portsmouth when you were there. Too bad I missed you. Or did I - I can't remember !!!! :confused:You talked to Rob Bergman who is a past Commodore. His boat is in dock 35, which is 2 docks North of the Travel lift. We were in dock 34, right next to the Travel lift. His boat is the previous E38 owned by Steve Christenson named RAG DOLL. What a small Ericson world.

Sleather - Ford Yacht Club is at the South end of Grosse Ile, MI.
www.fordyachtclub.com

Gary Peterson
:egrin: