Port light Gaskets

Socalsailors

I need to replace all the screen material and rubber gasket on the six portlghts in our “83” 35 MKIII. The gasket material is of course worn out and flattened so I’m looking for what the diameter is of that gasket is. I could probably guess but with all the knowledge on this board I’m sure someone is bound to know.
Any help with sourcing also would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help
John

peaman

Sustaining Member
catalinadirect.com has a good selection of gaskets and other items for older boats. Pretty sure that's where I got gaskets for my Lewmar ports.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
(copied from blog)

My model of Bomar portlights takes a half-inch round neoprene gasket. The originals were quite flat and hardened, although they didn't leak. New neoprene is available from Hammerhead Nautical Systems in Ontario, Canada (416-767-0222, 1-877-767-0222, info@hhns.ca). Installation is easy with DAP Weldwood contact cement, which when tacky instantly bonds and holds the neoprene to its shallow channel.

1-IMG_0325.jpg

Socalsailors

Thanks very much ChrIstIan, I didn’t mare it to the boat but the photos you posted was a perfect match to my Bomar portlights I’ll be ordering everything tomorrow. By the way keep the videos coming we really enjoy them!