PNW Rendezvous Summer 2024

hjohnson

S/V Sagres
Hello everyone,

Well this past summer the PNW Rendezvous banner got handed over to S/V Sagres, so I figured I'd start the process of organizing the rendezvous on the BC side of the border for 2024.

Initially, I've reached out to both Genoa Bay (where the 2022 rendezvous was held) and Poet's Cove (Pender Island) to see what they might have in terms of avaialbility in mid to late July 2024. I will update this thread as we get more information from them.

If anyone has ideas of other places to check out, and on what weekend we should select, I'm very much open to ideas. :)

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Thanks for getting the rendezvous process under way! We do not always make it up there, but have really enjoyed our past visits, by boat and by vehicle. :)

Last edited:

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Port Browning Marina may be a good option as they have completely renovated in recent years. I haven't been there to see the changes, but the writeups look promising. Just a possible option, and it's fairly close to the US border.
Frank

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
We loved Poet's cove this past summer. Two pools for the kids, great hiking at the top of the driveway or a short dinghy ride away, a cafe, and a really nice bar. There's also the option to anchor in Bedwell harbor, moor on the floating dock, or go full out at the resort. Aside from the long trip up (at least for us) there's no real downside! 20230825_094905.jpg

Second Star

Member III
An added bonus for US sailors is that Poets Cove is a Customs check-in point; just there in the picture where the motor yacht is tied up. There is no grocery but a longish dingy run into Port Browning via the small canal to the north of PC will get you to a short walk to shopping.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Is there any more news to share about the arrangements for 2024?
Thank you.

Last edited:

Tooluser

Flǎneur
Believe it or not those of us with kids are planning summer camps already! I'm going to try to block out the entire 'mid-to-late July' range but getting a better resolution would let us plan on when to be around! @hjohnson I'm happy to help organize, too - just let me know and I can call places etc. Thanks for kicking this off!

Tooluser

Flǎneur
Thanks for the suggestion Loren! I used the @-mention feature to generate an email to them as well, but I want public input in case anyone knows anything or has taken over the planning. Who ran the last one? I'd be happy to reach out to them and see if I can learn anything.

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
Thanks for the suggestion Loren! I used the @-mention feature to generate an email to them as well, but I want public input in case anyone knows anything or has taken over the planning. Who ran the last one? I'd be happy to reach out to them and see if I can learn anything.
Let me know what you find out, the Prowells organized last years US-side event and Shannon & Doran Jones organized the CA-side one two years ago. I have some info from the one in Canada as we helped the Joneses a bit with organizing. They‘ve sold their Ericson and now have a Nordic 40 so they’re more active in the Perry world but may still check in here from time to time. I‘m happy to help if needed. It’s been a great event the past two years that we’ve attended.

Tooluser

Flǎneur
I emailed them; I got the suggestion that I reach out directly to the new organizer, and reassured they had it 'under control'. I tried to explain that'd been done. I don't see anything else to be done here at the moment!

Tooluser

Flǎneur
On another note, are there any family boats/boats with kids planning on attending? I'm not worried about my kiddo holding their own; he has no problem with adults. But he would like to know if there'll be other kids.