Our thanks

landh5

My wife (Lorie) & I (Harry) wanna thank those who work and labor to maintain this site as well as those who post their thoguhts. We closed on our new love, "Evangeline", an 1988 32-200 hull #818 yesterday. Our decision to buy was REINFORCED dramatically by the presence of this site.

Thanks to this site and those who post here, I actually knew more about the boat, it's systems and design than our broker !

Anixous to read, learn from all of you .....

I do have a copy of the original 32-200 manual which I believe is missing from the documentations area. Scanning and producing files to post on this site will be a great project this fall. Too busy now with scrubbing, cleaning and drooling .....

Thanks

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Just before we found the Olson, we had an earnest money offer (as fate would have it - rejected) on a 32-200. That's a nice looking and good sailing design. You will enjoy it, IMHO.

Your offer to forward that manual is what makes this site so useful to so many Ericson owers!

Cheers,

Loren

Last edited:

Mindscape

Member III
Congrats!

Congrats on your new 'baby'. It's a great boat to sail - get that scrubing out of the way and sail!!!

chrism

Inactive Member
Let your broker know how much it influenced it... Sean, what's your PayPal address? The broker might want to send you your percentage of the sale...

In all seriousness though, welcome to the Ericson community, which is full of great friendships and even greater boats. I'm sure everyone is dying to see pictures of your new boat. We're always here for all of your questions... Welcome and congratulations.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Ruminations on the value of "influence"

Chris might be on to something here. Or not.
:cool:
When some friends of our recently got their house HVAC system replaced, one of the bidding contractors was the company that replaced our old heat pump last year, and they subsequently did do business with that company.
Strictly (and only) for a laugh, we mentioned to them that they should tell the company that we "influenced" their decision and see if the company would send us a reward. They followed up... and a $50. check appeared in our mail the other day... :)

As a friend in the high-rise downtown business world told me 30 years ago (and he was making big bags o' bucks before he was 30...) "If you don't ask, you don't get!"

On second thought, let's just keep enjoying our extended Ericson family (and also us Olson "step-children").

:rolleyes:

LB

Last edited:

jkm

Member III
Welcome to the family.

I know you'll love this site as I do. I spend endless hours reading current posts and searching old ones. The information here is awesome....

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Glad it's useful for you...

Thanks for the comments - I'm happy to hear that this site was useful for you in the purchase of your Ericson. Everytime I hear an owner (new or existing) say that this site was helpful in that manner, it really makes me happy - as this was the primary reason for the creation of the site in first place (when I purchased my 35-3, I had a hell of a time finding info...).

As for donations - the drive runs in the fall, and you'll be getting an email when it kicks off. Right now everthing associated with the site is up to date and paid for for the remainder of the year...

Again, welcome to the family - congrats on your boat. If you have the manual you mentioned, scanned into a pdf format, you can upload it to the EY.o FTP site by following the instructions contained in this thread:

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=2860

If you just have a hard copy, and/or don't know how to scan it, you can post a copy to me, and I'll take care of it (include a SASE if you want it returned...).

Thanks again for your support of EricsonYachts.org - we look forward to your active involvement in the site! :egrin:

//sse

jkm

Member III
Every morning and most nights I log on with my laptop, trade a few stocks, read the LA Times and London Times, check my email and THE ERICSON SITE.

Though much of the technical racing stuff is beyond me the day to day issues of owning a boat are enthralling. It's like the Farmers Almanac of sailing. I know that generally any question I pose will have practical answers put forth by the many wise sages who contibute to this site.

I've also noticed a gentlemanly (womanly) approach to this exchange that has reinforced my feeling of community.

Sean has done a meaningful job of bringing many people from many regions to the table for dinner. Thanks