Our floor is in.

CSMcKillip

Our floor is in.-photo's added

Had to remove the hood on the top of the sliding hatch to get the rear section in the boat, the photo shows the floor down and screwed in with stainless hardware. We got the bilge clean and everything organized. The finish will go on in the next week. Memorial Day here we come.

0d7e38ca.jpg

now onto the portlights and the wood side trim.
PS- the bottom paint is also finished.

Last edited:

CSMcKillip

looking good. Hope you sealed the bottom with Epoxy though...

The bottom and sides were what you call pertrfied, we used a new product called cedarshield, I will follow up with a link. Then the bottom and sides were also covered with 4 coats of thinned epoxy- it should last us another 30 years.

The top will be floated with 4-6 coats of epoxy to cover everything up in the floor system. It should look like a bowling alley floor just waxed, might add in some sand over the holly for traction

http://www.cedarcidestore.com/preservatives.html

Last edited:

CSMcKillip

And the boat is launched

Thursday the boat was launched back in the water as the bottom work was done and the yard had the crane come up from Tulsa. The floor still needs the bungs in the trim and another coat of poly. I am going to the lake tomorrow to see if the motor will start and take her back to our slip. Here is the progress shot of the floor, it should be finished. Looking forward to seeing the boat, it's been two weeks and I need my fix....

d4ae7cf7.jpg

72e2d3f7.jpg

40cd252f.jpg

Last edited:

CSMcKillip

looking gr8.... did u buy it pre-cut or??? i need to redo the floor in my E30...

Danny, the floor on the ericson 33 takes 2 sheets of 3/4 marine plywood with a teak and holly veneer. Our floor was rotten in several places, we removed the trim on the floor and removed the plywood to use as templates. Any hard teak was removed to be reinstalled in the new floor. The sheets were cut and holes for screws were transferred directly to the new floor. We cleaned the bilge area and we had a guy named Steve Gibson do the flooring for us as the boat was pulled out for a bottom job. We got the plywood from Boultler and the wood and materials cost in the range of 1000.00 the labor for the floor to be removed and reinstalled was about 2000.00 Steve did a great job and you can not till that the floor was replaced at all. He even contracted a crane to come up to the yard and raise the mast so he could lay in the new floor without having to cut in a new piece of plywood.

Steve coated the bottom and sides in epoxy and sealed the top with 4 coats of poly. He kept the boat clean and allowed us to get into the bilge area to clean up any mess.

Check my blog and you can follow the process.

E33rh.blogspot.com