Original Paint Schemes

Brent Wright

Please Contact Admin.
I am trying to give my old boat a face lift and was wondering if anyone knows where the original logo locations were on a 1967 E26? Also if there are any photos available of stock E26's? My boat's rigging has been altered quite a bit and I just wanted to compare.

bella

go to www.pacificseacraft.com
look over in the left side, corner.. see the ericson stuff?
got to 'support'
tehy have color brochures off all the line and some they have not only owners manuals but the orig draftmans drawings..
'bell
s/v Thunder E27
tampa bay

Brent Wright

Please Contact Admin.
Thanks,
But those are for the new Bruce King designs, I own a 1967 Bill Crealock E26, for which there isn't much available it seems.

bella

perhaps the sailnet ericoson group???

yeah the 27 they show in the brochure is a 77 model and mine is a 73... sigh...

i will ask on the sailnet group..
my private email is ldybella@earthlink.net
smprice1951 at yahoo

'bella

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Yours is the Crealock design, most likely. These predate the use of the large signature Ericson color stripe just below the rail that came later. The Ericson 30 that is in the "rotation lineup" for the splash screens of this site has only a thin cove strip, as it looks to me. It also has a moderate waterline stripe. I do not know if they sported a logo in those days. There is an early E-26 like yours in my YC, but his hull has been repainted several times and there is no sign of a logo. I would obtain the logos and put 'em on each side, just forward of the transom, just like the later Ericsons, if I were refinishing the hull. Keem 'em small, so as not to be out of proportion to the size of the boat.

Just my .02.

Loren

Brent Wright

Please Contact Admin.
Thankyou Loren:
My further research has shown the same. What is left of the paint on my boat is the original scheme and color with no logo. A small stripe on the hull just below the rubrail which is formed into the fiberglass is all the boat had along with painted fiberglass nonslip in the cabin and on the decking. I like your idea of the small logo just aft of the stripe. This photo was taken on the day I purchased the boat. It had been neglected for about three or four years as told by the previous owner.

Last edited:

Jim Payton

Inactive Member
Thanks

Thanks for your help Brent, here is a picture of my boat at Ferry's Landing in San Diego Bay. This was our first attempt to move the boat under sail since she became ours. I hope this works. I'm not very proficient with computers and this is my first attempt at picture attachments.
Jim

Attachments

• boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 64