Options for 2012 Rendez Vous

Where's it Going to Be - 2012 Rendez Vous

• Total voters

Shamwari

Please Contact Admin.
Option for Sydney

Has anyone considered a raftup at Sydney Spit. It's beautiful there and there is an hourly ferry to Sydney for shopping or
those who drive in.

C Masone

Perfect Storm
Long Island Sound

Northport Bay, Port Jefferson, Essex, Mystic.

I can make arrangements at our club (Setauket YC) in Port Jefferson NY if you like.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
That's quite a distance from Puget Sound...

Northport Bay, Port Jefferson, Essex, Mystic.

I can make arrangements at our club (Setauket YC) in Port Jefferson NY if you like.

New York? Thanks!
I suppose we could all get there via the Panama Canal or 'round the Horn...
:)

LB

C Masone

Perfect Storm
oops

I'm sorry, I always click on "what's new" and didn't realize I was in the Northwest & BC area!

Sailed for a few years with a fellow from Boise ID who had sailed here from Puget Sound via Panama.

MartaCrichlow

Walt and Marty Crichlow
2012 Rendezvous

We met up with a lot of you at the 2011 Rendezvouz, and are looking forward to a 2012 meet. Pt Townsend would be our first choice, or somewhere in BC as a second. We are planning on heading up to Desolation Sound again this summer. Really enjoyed our 3 months cruising last year! We are now based at Jarrell's Cove on Hatstine Island near Shelton WA.
We need a contact point for Pat from Portland. He was interested in our fuel tank. My cell number is 503-428-1464

hodo

Member III
2012 Rendezvous

Jessie and I prefer Pt. Townsend, But are open to other thoughts. Also need to figure out a date.

Happy new year everyone!
Harold and Jessie, Mischief:devil:Maker

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
My opinion is that it should be in Canada this year - as it was in Pt. Townsend last year - and since we share the border, it's the right thing to do (besides, all those great Canadians made the trip down last year...so turn-about is fair play...and lots of Americans should head north this year!)...

//sse

MartaCrichlow

Walt and Marty Crichlow
2012 Rendezvous

Walt and I, onboard Brigadoon had planned to attend the 2012 Rendezvous. However, we just came back from the Seattle Boat Show and are going to Alaska instead. We plan on leaving early May and returning August thru Sept. So, sorry to say, we will miss the rendezvous this year. Maybe next year we can come and share our adventures. (You know that the mariners definition of adventure is lack of poor planning). Walt and Marty Crichlow, sv Brigadoon

chasandjudy

chas and judy
PNW Ericson Rendezvous 2012

Both Hilda Harris E 28+ skippered by John Pirquet and Eden E 30+ skippered by Chas Pash vote for Sidney Spit July 7-8 Dinner on Friday Sidney North Sannich Yacht club

Charlie and Judi SV Eden E 30+ :egrin:

PDX

Member III
Admit to knowing nothing about Sydney Spit. Is it accessible by Puget Sound ferry? I like the idea of any date that isn't Father's Day for once.

Mike H

Member I
Rendezvous lives!

Glad to see life in this thread again. We are planning to attend from Vancouver, (newish members Positive Results and 7 1/2 %). Is anyone taking on organizing? Chas and Judy? Can we get moorage in Saanich? If people are planning on driving to the rendezvous, is Sydney Spit feasible? Meet at Saanich and take as crew to the spit???
Anyone else coming from Vancouver? We are assuming the July 7,8 weekend.

InSync

Member II
Rendezvous 2012!

We attended our first rendezvous last year and would love to see all those beautiful Ericsons gathered together again. We are coming from Port Moody/Vancouver. We will keep watching this thread to see how the planning unfolds. We already have a 90th birthday party, a Cal20 wind-up and a wedding to organize this year so we aren't in a position to volunteer. We can only promise our attendance (... subject to final date of course, the 90th party is on the June 30th weekend). Looking forward to it!

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Ferry to Sidney Spit

Admit to knowing nothing about Sydney Spit. Is it accessible by Puget Sound ferry? I like the idea of any date that isn't Father's Day for once.

Yes, Sidney Spit is accessible by the Sidney Spit ferry from Sidney dock, Reciprical moorage can be had at Capital City Yacht club or Sidney North SaannichYacht Club or in anny marina in close proxsimity, no boat, bring a tent lots of good camp sites. Several Ericson owners are going to stay at the Sidny North Sannich Yacht club and have dinnier on Friday night the 6 of July, Capital City Yacht club in Blue Heron Basin about 100 feet across is another excellent choice you can row to Sidney North Saannich . Both these yacht clubs have web sites. It is only 45 min to Sidney spit from either place. There are mooring cans at the spit or we can find a good spot and raft up on Saturday afternoon .

Chas and Judi sv Eden E 30+ #720

Tjay

Sydney or Port Townsend works.... attendance dependes on dates.... TJay

Sydney or Port Townsend works.... attendance dependes on dates.... TJay

Geordie

Boadicea Ericson 32-3
Open but its BCs turn

I attended my first rendevous with our new to us Ericson 32-3 "Boadicea" in Port Townsend in 2011. PT and Poulsbo are definitely convenient for us but seems like it ought to be in Canada this year. We'll be up in the Gulf Islands and further north in mid August.