On-line source for rope ?

Sven

Seglare
I need to order some spinnaker sheets and the genoa sheets could do with replacement too. The fraying of the docklines (that was fast !) may also warrant attention.

I'm only talking about a few 100 feet. Would Defender or Jamestown or one of the regular on-line chandleries be best or are there any that specialize in rope and are far better ?

Thanks,

-Sven

Last edited:

Mindscape

Member III
Rigging Only

I'd give Rigging Only a try. I've had excellent luck with them over the years.
http://www.riggingonly.com/

I've got no affiliation etc. etc. Just have had good service and good prices over the years.

BTW I've always had good turn around time from them.

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Why not just get it over with and go to West Marine? Watch for a sale on bulk rope. You know exactly what your getting with all the specs printed all over the place. Help "your" local economy and buy products in your own neighborhood!

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Why don't you call Furling and Rigging in Newport and talk to Mike
Dougan? Or call Todd at Bahia Marine in Seal Beach?

John Wressell

Member II
Replacement Line

Annapolis Performance Sailing in Annapolis, MD. Very good website, very knowageable and great prices. We don't buy from anyone else.

John Wressell
Stamford, CT
E-35, Mk III

tilwinter

Member III
Rope and Rigging

I just ordered from Rigging Only yesterday. Their everyday prices are less than half West Marine regular price, and I don't have to wait for a sale. Shipping is offset by the absence of sales tax.

I also get great advice from them.

I have bought anchor rode and halyards.

I have no financial relationship with them but I always say hi at the Annapolis boat show.

Sven

Seglare
Thanks for all the great suggestions !

On Sunday night I'll place the orders from one of them.

Todd at Bahia Marine in Seal Beach?

That's the third independent recommendation we've gotten for him and I think we'll see about having him do the standing rigging upgrade/replacement. The guy in SD is great but has too much business :)

Now off to Catalina for a couple of days !

Thanks again,

-Sven

Sven

Seglare
Hi Martin,

Or call Todd at Bahia Marine in Seal Beach?

He's coming out this weekend to discuss the long-delayed standing rigging job. Nancy got some really good vibes talking to first his wife and then him so the chemistry seems right. Did you know that he owned an E39 that he sailed extensively up and down the East Coast ?

-Sven

John Wressell

Member II
Annapolis Performance Sailing (APS) in Annapolis, MD. Outstanding people, good advice and grest prices. Wouldn't buy from anyone else.

John Wressell
Stamford, CT
E-35, Mk. III

Sven

Seglare
Hi Marty,

No, didn't know that. Tell Todd I said hello.

Nancy had misunderstood him. He used to race an e39 out of Annapolis, not own/cruise one.

We just met up today and got to meet his son Ben too. Really nice guys. He says "hi" back.

-Sven