Olson 34 tall rig sails- 130 or 135?

PNW Jeff

Member I
Anybody have a 130 or 135 job they’d like to sell? I’m in the Pacific Northwest- Portland area. My number two is a bit blown out at the top.
IMG_9970.jpeg

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Unfortunately no. I used to have an ancient mylar 143, with copious ancient pin holes... sold it for pennies at a swap meet. Our older 135 was traded to a local canvas shop for a duffle bag.... with partial numbers still on it.... and all the rest of the dacron he retained to make duffle bags out of...
I went down to a 97, due to getting tired of tacking the larger sail; sailing ease wins out of ultimate SOG as one gets older.
Your sister ships will confirm that our performance is substandard in winds under 8 or 10 knots.
Check with local and nearby lofts for trade-in's or extra sails that they built and did not sell.
You might also want to add your (actual) measurements of the sail you are looking for.

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Jeff, I recently picked up a Mylar #2, used but in great shape that is about 12"-15" too tall to fit my 911 standard rig with furler. I will measure it tonight.

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
I bought this sail to replace my dacron #2. The furler and wrap preventer limit my boat to a luff shorter. I was able to sail it once by securing the tack to the base of the forestay. It has a great shape and is really good condition. The boat it came off lost it's mast and the owner scraped it for the insurance. He was using #3 sail when the mast fell. I was planning on taking it in to see if it can be shortened to save the 4K that I was quoted for what I really wanted. Hmm.
Measurements
Leech 38
Luff: 39’ 10”
Foot:16' 6"
j2-1.jpg

j2-2.jpg
j2-3.jpg