Oh what fun!

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Leave it to Steve to find a six pack of beer in a photo. I am suprised he knows what a sixer of "high quality beer" looks like.

sleather

Sustaining Member
Green's the key

He was probably taken at first by the "green" color, which "reminded" him of the insides of the afore-mentioned garage coolers;). Upon further deliberation he probably assumed that there is no cheap beer in green bottles w/ the exception of Rolling Rock(and a few others) which could be considered "mid-tier", hence the "assumption" that it's a high quality beer. But then again........I could be wrong.

Yous guys must have a blast when you're together!:egrin:

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Blast

Yes we do have a blast. Interesting how sailing and cheap beer can be so fun. Ya gotta wonder about the cheap beer in the mold ridden cooler don't you? No wonder he kept offering me a beer when we last got together for 5 days of sailing. Probably keeps the old moldy stuff on hand for friends. Keeps the good stuff (fresh cheap beer) for himself.

Steve Swann

Member III
Good Times; Jab & Jibes

Yep, we have a lot of fun, Steve - sometimes at each others' expense. No, let me correct this - always at the other's expense. Boats, wives, and single malt scotch are all definitely hands-off. We just like to have a free-for-all going on about our stylish foul weather gear and beer choices.

Chad's a bit of a latecomer into this fracas, but I have some stuff I call, Keystone Special Reserve waiting for him in Boise. Drinking a bit of this will certainly initiate him into the inner circle. We put up with Chad for two reasons only: He is a very shrewd boat buyer (has an Ericson 25) and he married well above his class. OK, Kim, don't get your feelings hurt, you and I married above our class as well.

Feel free to join in, Steve!

Great fun

Steve L

The next time I see Steve S. (too many Steves) I'm goin to give him a case of Schmidt beer that I've been saving sinse the early 70's. It may not be as good(?) as his Special Reserve but he won't know the difference. He always gets giddy when he gets something for free :egrin: :egrin: :egrin:.

Fair winds,

Chad

Steve Swann

Member III
Band Aids and Yeast Infections....

Chad is pretty good at getting frustrated at the start line I’ve discovered. Whenever he crosses too early or hits a mark on the course, he ends up smashing his drink against his forehead in frustration. The good thing about the huge dent that he has developed where his forebrain should be, is that he now has a place to ladle his soup.

But, broken glass on his cockpit seats was really messing up his boat’s mirror. Apparently, sitting in broken beer bottle glass was causing cuts on his posterior that began to bleed all over the place. I discovered that when he was in the head inspecting his damaged bum in front of the mirror , we’d find Band Aids all over his mirror. Pathetic. We introduced him to beer cans this year.

Kim is the only guy I know who is worried that old cheap beer will give him a yeast infection. It is no longer a secret that Kim is now drinking cheep beer out of cans when crossing the start line because he says, “It hurts less.” I always thought it was because of vicious hangovers, but I think Chad gave him the racing tip to quit with the beer bottles. I’ll have to go check his mirror, but I am pretty sure what I’ll find.

I wonder if they have Walker Centers and AA where they live…

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Are you sure you guys aren't hanging out at the Rome Sailing Club? Broken glass in the jib sheets really slows a guy down. At the start of the race throw a beer to a friend (Competitor) and hit the boom it will definitely slow his sail trim.

Have fun, sail fast and remember this life we live is a wonderful gift.

Steve Swann

Member III
Rome? Confused in Idaho

Hey Randy,

What does "Rome" have to do with it? We sail a 25' boat, so we go um, "Spartan" (ugh, that's a bad one, even for me).

Maybe you should fill us in with the inside joke. Go grab a CCoCB* (hopefully out of a can that matches your outfit, as someone on the site has taught me) and become a loose nut on your keyboard! :egrin:

Steve Swann

* CCoCB = Cold Can of Cheap Beer

Band aids

Jeeez Steve, you weren't suppose to tell. And I don't put soup in my dent, I use it for my spare change. It works well to as long as I don't bend over to tie my shoe laces. I never could get my bum to stop bleeding until I remembered Kim's neat trick and vacuum bagged it and I'm here to tell ya that it sure feels funny.

Your idea of switching to beer cans should have worked except for the frozen can of Blatz Beer you gave me. That hurt like hell you jerk!!!

Well, I gotta go. I have to clean the blood out of the cockpit before I put the boat away for the season.

Fair winds,

Chad

P.S. Do you know where I can buy some cheap Band Aids? :egrin: :egrin: :egrin:

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
RSC is my club in North AL. CCoCB doesn't work for me I am very picky about the beer I drink and prefer O.P. beer.
Steve
You guys seem to have a good time and that is what it is about. We work hard at our club, sail hard and will share equipment and knowledge right up to the warning horn and then it is game on. You could be protested and towed in by the same boat for after the race we are back to the help each other.

There is one new problem at our club, they elected me commodore or club slave.

Keep having fun, race hard, sail fast and enjoy friends for the friends we have are the value to life. All our toys would be worthless without friends to share them with.

O.P. beer = Other Peoples beer

Steve if you are ever down south look me up for a O.P beer and some fun.

O.P. Beer

Hey Randy,

What about Kim and me. Don't we get an invite for "op beer"? Personally I like "n.b." beer myself and I think that Kim will have the best Bavarian beer made:cool: . Steve on the other hand...well, we all know what 'ol Steve likes:oops: :oops: :oops: .

Oh ya, we are having a blast with this little tirade or what ever you want to call it. I've know Steve for about 6 years or so and I'm just getting to know Kim now. Oddly enough I have never met these two before. Steve and I have come close(we live about 1600 miles apart) to meeting several times but one thing or another prevented it. Steve and Kim have known each other for some time and, I guess, have been having this little thing going on for awhile :rolleyes:. One of these days we'll get together,and when we do, watch out people:cheers: .

Yes...Steve is a barrel (I'm not going there, OK?)of fun. In fact not many people know that he was once a gag writer for Keith Olbermann's show "Countdown" but had to resign. It seems that he was deamed too liberal even for that show:egrin: .

Gotta go now and prepare for Steves retort. We'll talk later.

Fair winds,

Chad

n.b. beer = no buzz beer :egrin:

Last edited:

Steve Swann

Member III
Soup, Saps, and Sops...

Is it ever nice to have some respect from some of the Ericson owners on this site. Kim and Chad, please notice that there is a REAL Commodore who has finally noticed me! You both gotta be green with envy - or is that covered in bottom slime? :egrin:

It is difficult to judge the quality of people participating on this site when everyone here sails an Ericson. However, the subtleties of human qualities really do come out through their careful selection of beer and the careful thought processes needed to make shrewd deductions of preferences. It isn’t so much that we drink, it is how we arrive at obtaining that which we are holding in our hand…. This is probably a bit over your head, Kim, but then, so too, are most elevator buttons.

I can see now the error of my ways; I have been communicating with some of the baser folks on this site until recently. I was getting despondent, and my cheap beer supply was rapidly dwindling.

I do have a small confession to make here. I have now started staring with a covetous eye at some of the other beer shelves in my local grocery store. I no longer simply look at the bottom shelf in the back of the cooler to satiate my cheap beer addiction. I am beginning to find that there is a whole new world of “W.O.S.” beer out there! Some even matches my WMFWG nicely, some my hat, and some my newly obtained Salvation Army Sperry Topsider look-alikes!

I can see now that we will need to establish a directory of acronyms just to keep everything straight. I had no idea beer drinking had so many variations. This whole dialogue is getting about as confusing as alphabet soup. Speaking of soup, Chad, feel free to chime in any time. :p

We'll need a volunteer to write down the acronyms correctly because Kim and Chad are terrible at spelling them. (Think about it, Boys...you'll get it.)

Steve

W.O.S. is “What’s on Sale”

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Damn that is inconvenient….

You should have been with me Saturday for a BEER or not.

I was caught in 18 knots of wind with wild shifts off a point, my girlfriend at the wheel, a failed tack in a 90degree shift and another failed tack attempt with no time to let the wind spin me away.

The excuses
A: my girlfriend and I went below while a non sailor drove,
B: She was flirting and I got lost in her,
C: bad decision in not letting the boat tell me what it needed.

Correct answer C, two tow boats and lots of laughs fixed the error.

The club gives the Rocking Chair award to the Dumb Ass of the year and I think I have it
well grounded with this event.

No beer involved, not even Jose had a hand in this.

Attachments

• 14 gif.gif
    14 gif.gif
    221.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
How many men

Randy,

It takes three men. Me to hold the can. Kim to pull the tab, and Steve to quibble about why we're taking sooo long :tongue: .

Steve is right. We need a person to keep track of them [sic] letters. Steve calls them acronyms but I think they'er initialisms but it don't make no never mind:oops:, we need help. Ya want da job?

I was hoping excuse B. was the answer as to why you went aground. I guess it's just the romantic in me :Kissy: but I'd never admit to a bad dicision (unless there is a witness). A creative mind can always come up with an excuse or somebody else to blame:egrin: . I can't even blame the N.B.(no buzz) beer that I guzzle so I have to be extra creative. If you need any help in this line, just watch politicians...they're very very good at it. Either party, it doesn't matter. They'er the masters. Oh jeez, I'm close to a political rant here so I had better shut up and say good-by.

Fair winds,

Chad

Last edited:

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Wrong OH wise one

The answer is.......................................
None: It should be open when she brings it to you.

Luckily Rumkin escaped with no damage and we had a great day of sailing after my error. I could blame Ce Ce but she just did what I asked on the helm.

She owns a bar and is coming up with a drink recipe for Rumkin on the Rocks. I am sure it will be a hit at the club.

As for the excuse this was in sight of the front yard of the club and with many witnesses it is hard to deny my mistake.

Steve Swann

Member III
Land Ho!

Yes, Commodore Randy, I too, have felt the fangs of terra firma gripping my keel. First time was in a Sunfish on Kinnikinnik Lake near Flagstaff, AZ. Boy, can a Sunfish ever stop in a hurry! Why do you guys think I have a centerboard and a kick-up rudder!

Brilliant photograph, Randy, thanks for sharing! We call the winner of the award you are about to receive as the "CEO Award" (Chief Entertainment Officer). Err, is this another acryonym for our growing list?

Koa

Why Randy, you are...by secret ballot!!! Now aren't you sorry you asked? If you're wondering what the tally was on the vote, it was 3-0 in your favor:egrin: . We'll expect a biweekly report every, every, ummm,every biweekly. Jeez, is biweekly every two weeks or twice a week:D? If you have any questions about your duties just get ahold of Steve. Oh by the way, Steve and Tawni left for Baja on Saturday and won't be back for about five weeks(lucky so n so).

Fair winds,

Chad :cheers:

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
I searched the bylaws and as the only Commodore in the group I have the authority to delegate the task of KOA and I delegate that to Steve Swann.

Steve please submit a full list of all acronyms as soon as you return from the south if you are foolish enough to return.