Oberdorfer Impeller for M25XP

Mort Fligelman

Member III
I was looking to purchase a new impeller since I have been negligent about replacing mine since I installed the new pump.....a major part of my conversion to fresh water from salt.

In my search, I found that there is a Neoprene and a Nitrile Rubber, and a Buna Rubber, all from Oberdorfer, and there is a Globe 815 that is Brandonite Elastomeric material, and is supposed to be a "run dry"....

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
I think that in fresh water it doesn't make much difference, any one of them should last for several years. Based on thirty five years experience with relatively short seasons and run time.

I usually wait until the spring when the pump won't self prime and then change it at my leisure. No vanes are missing and it still pumps well after filling the strainer with water the first start. I do, of course, always carry a spare along with filters and belts.

One of many advantages of fresh water sailing. Except for cooking spaghetti I don't know why anyone puts salt in water. Oh yes, for a sore throat. :0

Mort Fligelman

Member III
Salt Water

One of many advantages of fresh water sailing. Except for cooking spaghetti I don't know why anyone puts salt in water. Oh yes, for a sore throat. :0[/QUOTE]

Tom:

TOUCHE'