Non-skid stickers as opposed to painting

Hello all,
Is there someplace to order non-skid stickers for the topside of our 27' Ericson or am I stuck with painting option? Thanks in advance for your input!
Regards,
Chris

Non skid tape

It's a larger version of grip tape. It comes in several sizes so I was just wondering if this was the only other option to roll-on and spray on paint.
Regards,
chris

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I used this stuff on my old trailer sailor and my dinghy. Just add it to Interlux polyurethane or any polyurethane paint. It is a very fine grit and once you have it mixed properly it covers evenly. I had to do two coats. Mix it up, mask the areas off and roll it on with a foam roller. Something that I want to do on my E-27.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=136

I don't think I would consider covering the wide top side non skid areas with adhesive backed non skid. You would probably have to sand down all the molded non skid to get a good seal.

I have used non skid tape on a few spot locations on my boat though. Like the edges of the cockpit seats where there were a lot of chips on the edges. It also gives me good traction when I'm heeling and I have the soles of my feet on the edges of the cockpit seats. I think I got it at a True Value hardware store but they have it at Worst Marine.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/seafit--non-skid-tape--P004_121_004_010

Last edited:

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Kiwi grip, easy to apply looks great and lasts. I applied Kiwi Grip on my Mirage 236 in 2012, she has been in the sun, raced hard, and sank and recovered after 18 days at the bottom of Mobile bay, the Kiwi grip cleaned up and looks great after all that. You can make it as mild or as aggressive as you want, even sand it if it is more aggressive than desired.

Please deposit $0.02

tenders

Innocent Bystander
my testimonial : Randy's testimonial :: my Navy experience : Army Purple Heart quadriplegic experience

So I'll just STFU.

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
Thanks everyone I think I'm going with a roll on paint on marine deck non skid from Home Depot this weekend.

Regards,
Chris
Chris,
I can think of few (any?) products of this sort sold at Home Depot that would have any place on a boat. Maybe you should run the specific one you have in mind by your list mates here for some opinions. Given the considerable amount of labor involved in doing a proper job, you would not want to cut corners by using the wrong materials only to have to do it all over again in short order. We would hate to see you disappointed by the result.