Noctaluca and the Yanmar 3GM

chaco

Member III
Bill,

I am in the process of building a new engine bed for the Universal M4-30
on a 74' E35-II. Would appreciate any pics or drawings of your Yanmar
3GM installation
I am starting with (2) 24" - 2" SS angle stringers. (1) attached to the port
engine mounts and (1) to a new starboard foot system down to the bilge :confused:
Have removed the old rusted 2" frame down to the bilge level.

Thanks for your help :D

JORGE

Member III
Bed building

You have a 35, so I not sure this is helpful. If you do a "search" you will find some E35 info on mount making.
I started by making a plywood template to match the mounting area of my engine, and included the transmission coupling area at the back mounted perpendicular to the flat plywood template. I found out that a professinal grade steel one costs hundreds$$.Forgetaboutit. The main part is to get the measurements from the transmission coupling to align with your shaft coupling. The wood template I made replicated the engine's footprint. With the actual engine mounts attached to the plywood and the old shaft/coupling I was able to get a fair idea of the angle of the beds. I built them from 3/4 birch ply, and epoxy laminated them to make an angle of approx. 10" down to 1" ( 3" wide) at the back... On this website is an Ericson manual ( E32) which shows the various bed angles of certain engine models, this helps too.
l