Night Lights for Tell Tales

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Maybe I should send them an email too. If they do what it sounds like they should the price sounds pretty good, esp. if we get 50% off. But I am still hesitant having not yet seen anything.

therapidone

Member III
another alternative

Greetings Ted,

Assuming that Trevor doesn't intend to send us both another sample and assuming that I receive mine, I really don't have the need for it that you expressed you do (what seems like months ago). So, when (and if) I get mine, I'd be happy to contact you via back channels to get an address to send you the sample or possibly even arrange to drop it off where you keep your boat as ours is just off the South River in Selby Bay.

I should point out that I hadn't sent Trevor an email until he sent me one wanting to know what I thought of the product under the mistaken impression that I had received my sample! It was only when I replied to him that nothing had come for either of us (he said he mailed more than one sample out on the same day he posted mine & I'm assuming that yours was one of them) that he offered to resend.

Regards,

Ed:egrin:

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Sounds good. Lets wait and see what happens. I keep my 38 Escape Plan on the South River in Hillsmere Shore community on Duval creek.

therapidone

Member III
Hey! That's really close!

In fact, you're just opposite Selby Bay on the South River...know a fellow by the name of Gary Dixon who might keep his boat back there somewhere?

It's funny that I've never spotted you (or vice-versa) either coming or going. David of Emerald fame yelled us down on the day he was moving Avanti (his previous boat, and E-27) from off the South River to his digs off the Severn.

Regards,

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Don't know Gary. What sort of boat does he have? As for not seeing me it may be because I sail at night a lot hense this thread:newwink:

I'm out at least once a week. Weekday evenings and most weekends. I'll keep my eye out. BTW Laura Bertrand who is also on this site regularly keeps her E 35 in there.

therapidone

Member III
but I digress...

:offtopic: I know this is all off-topic for the folks who are looking for info about the glow-in-the-dark tell-tales from Nightsailing.com, and I apologize...

Don't know Gary's boat...he's a member (as am I) of a loosely organized boat club...the Rhode River Boat Club...no physical facilities...and very reasonable annual dues ($35)...they cosponsor and/or sponsor and/or support a few races each year (the Annapolis/St. Michaels race over Memorial Day wkend along with the Miles River Yacht Club and the Clipper City Ghost Regatta, 10/27 - 29 this year), plus a fun race to Dun Cove from the mouth of the West River in June followed by a raft-up, and a Crab Feast the last weekend in August at the Wye River Conference Lodge on Wye Island w/ a raft-up in Granary Creek off the East Wye River immediately adjacent to the lodge (the crab feast is cosponsored by the Chesapeake Bay Pearson Owners Association)...and other than that, whatever they can think up except for the annual dinner/meeting that has always been held to my knowledge in late January at Pirates Cove in Galesville.

This year, Gary has volunteered to "lead" a sail from the general Annapolis area to Oxford on 9/23, slips have been reserved at Mears marina, which is immediately to one's right as one enters Town Creek off the Tred Avon. I think we're going to join in that one. If so, I'll have an idea as to Gary's boat! This isn't to say that if folks want to drop the hook solo or raft-up in the immediate environs of Oxford couldn't do so.

Although, it's rare to the point of perhaps happening once a year that we get over to Spirit on a weekday, I'll keep an eye out for you...and I can't see any reason why other folks can't join in the sail to Oxford. I had already mentioned it to Cap'n Nero & the Galley Slave of Kokomo fame.

Regards,

therapidone

Member III
samples arrived

Greetings Ted et al,

The glow-in-the-dark tell-tails arrived from Nightsailing.com in the UK today. Trevor was true to his word...however, such a long wait for such simple thingys...seems a tad anti-climactic.:esad:

Regards,

therapidone

Member III
I could send them to you

Greetings Ted,

I can't remember if you ever sent me an email thru this site or directly, Ted. Either way, I can't find any snail-mail address info for you. If you don't want to divulge it, that's ok. But I really don't have the need/use for these that you do & I'd be happy to pass them along.

Regards,

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I aint shy

my email address is ted_reshetiloff@yahoo.com.

Man I could have used them last night. Had what could quite possibly be the best sail of the summer. We went out at 8:30pm in zero breeze, thinkign maybe we'll go fishing. Put the main and cruising kite up at the mouth of the south river. Were ghosting along looking at shooting stars until 9:30 when the breeze slowly built from the SW to about 10kts. It was not cold out and there was no moon so the stars were really clear. It was so nice we stayed out till 1am. Paying the price today at work but man it was absolutely gorgeous out there and no traffic.

Dave Hussey

Member III
Wow, Ted, that sounds beautiful. I've sailed at night only once but it was just as you describe, with the added enjoyment of luminessence in the water from whatever creatures were swimming along with us (I was told they were squid). We felt as if we were drifting among the stars above and below us...there was no horizon to tell otherwise...absolutely magnificent.

therapidone

Member III
Additional glow-in-the-dark sailing equipment

Greetings all,

First, let me reiterate that I have no interest (personal, family, investment, otherwise) in this commercial endeavor.

Now, with that out of the way, I emailed Nightsailing.com to advise Trevor that I had, indeed, rec'd my sample glow-in-the-dark tell-tales (he had requested that I do so after the first samples that he sent never arrived).

This was his reply:
"Hi Ed,
Im glad to hear they have arrived. Please remember i can cutomise the shape wieght and length of the tell tail. I also make cleats etc that glow for safety at night and use glow material for most deck gear such as cars syncrhos and blocks so they can be seen in the dark which is handy if you are on deck at night,the glow on deck equipment lasts much longer as it can be coated much thicker.

Have fun
Regards
Trevor"

Regards,