Next Years (2006) Ericson Rendezvous

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabosifat

Member III
Hi All,

Does anyone know where & when next years Pacific Northwest Ericson rendezvous will be?

Steve Gabbott
E35/3 Silent Dancer
Vancouver BC

Mike.Gritten

Member III
Nope, but we're always looking for someone to help organize it!

Attention: Stuart.....Attention: Stuart.......We've got a live one....... :)

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
FWIW, I vote for Pt Townsend again. It was less than 5 hours drive for us Portlanders, and attracted a lot enthusiastic Canadians.
The shoreside facility seemed to suit our needs well, and having Brion Toss speak and take questions was even more 'icing on the cake'.
Loren
:egrin:

Last edited:

hodo

Member III
:devil: I support the Port Townsend location.It's a great destination, and a good start for heading north. Harold, S/V MIschief Maker

Nigel Barron

Notorious Iconoclast
I also vote for PT. I could not make it this last year because of a race commitment. A long way off, but I would be happy to donate a free haulout...

wurzner

Member III
I can definately say I'm in and Pt Hudson/Port Townsend if fine as well. There are so many nice places to stay, but it seems like Pt Hudson is the best logistical choice for people driving in. Also, Rhonda in the office if very helpful reserving slips for us. Next year, it'd be nice to hit 45+ boats and fill all the slips. Based on this years success (I never saw the final tally), I would think 45+ is a reasonable goal. Imagine what a picture that would make...

Shaun

Dave G

Member II
We're in for PT

This year was our first rendezvous, I can say we would love to return to Point Hudson, no question. Great facilities and plenty of good restaurants and other fun things to do.

Dave Green
SV Spirit
E 29
Bellingham

mark reed

Member III
Wherever it is, we'll be there!

The Ericson rendezvous was a real highlight of our sailing season, and we can't wait to do it again next year! Port Townsend is a great location, and we'd be glad to return there.

CaptDan

Member III
mark reed said:
The Ericson rendezvous was a real highlight of our sailing season, and we can't wait to do it again next year! Port Townsend is a great location, and we'd be glad to return there.

I'm looking forward to attending in 2006 - whether Townsend or Hudson. Either choice is much closer than where I was in 2005. :)

Capt Dan G>E35II "Kunu"

Stuart

Member II
2006 Ericson Rendezvous

Hi All

Here is a copy of what I just sent to Shaun about 2006.

Hi Shaun

Great stuff! I was concerned about starting to organize too soon, guess not. Just to fill you in, this is what I have been up to. I spoke with Ronda at the end of the Rendezvous last year and told her we want the entire Marina, if you count the boats on the transient slips we would have filled all the book able slips as well as some did not bring their boats and were in sailing range. I would not be concerned about booking the entire facility and also think they will hold the marina for a couple of months with no deposit, as we fill up the 5.00 thing will go away. I will book my slip Jan 2/06 (usually can't do much on the 1st!) if in May there are open slips we can decide what to do then, PH requires only a 24 hour cancellation so if we cut off May 15th or so that pretty fair. After all we should have our token sea ray or something.

Heather and I hung out in PT for a few days after the rendezvous and discovered a couple of wineries and a brewery that do tours and tasting, what do you think about a bus tour Saturday afternoon to a brewery and a winery to taste the local wares then off to the State park for an all you can eat buffet dinner for 10.00 per head? Usual antics Saturday morning have lunch on board, guest speaker? (I have some thoughts and it might need to be linked to our sponsor) Then head out for a road trip to the booze factories.

Also I am trying to get a corporate sponsor for about 2500.00, each boat would get a cool goodie bag, containing two t shirts, Ericson burgee and a bunch of other stuff. Our sponsor would be on the bag and their logo on the T shirts (small). A small registration fee would be charged per boat and membership in the yet to be formed Ericson Owners Association may be included or optional, not sure yet but as the EOA is being worked on. What do you think?

Oh yeah, had a great sail yesterday so I went and did it again today! Cheers

Stuart MacKenzie

wurzner

Member III
Time is Flying - I can't wait for next year

Stuart,

Thanks for the update. Like I said, I know that the Port Hudson folks really liked our event taking place their and are very interested in supporting it going forward. As new years comes closer, one of us can contact her to make sure no one sneaks in, but I'm sure they will work closely with us. That's why I think a heads up to Rhonda prior to new years will keep it fresh in her mind. I don't normally look too far ahead, but this event is one that I eagerly look forward to. Kind of like the way I felt about Christmas when I stilled believed in Santa! I like your idea about the bus and I look forward to hanging out a little longer with you and Heather, as well as everyone else.

thanks
shaun

Stuart

Member II
Not yet but I am thinking of same weekend as last year, which is the same weekend for many years in the past.
Stuart

hodo

Member III
2006 rendevouz

That sounds good. In fact, I would like to propose that, so we could start marking up next year's calendar. Here's to warm breezes and bright skies till after 8:00. Crew of the S/V Mischief Maker. :devil: :cheers:

wurzner

Member III
2006 PNW Rendez Vous Date?

Why don't we stick with Father's Day that is the 23-25th of June? This seems to have been a long standing date that works for most everyone. Are their any Father's out there that can't break loose for that weekend that warrants moving it one week either direction? Since it is Father's Day, the guys on the list should be able to indulge in a Ericson R. V. as their treat?

Shaun

hodo

Member III
2006 rendevouz

Have we gotten a concesus on the rendevouz date yet? Father's day weekend is good for me. Harold :devil: Mischief Maker

Stuart

Member II
2006 Rendezvous

I believe June 18th (Sunday) is Fathers Day in 2006, we have always had the rendezvous on this weekend since I have been attending and seems to work for most. This would be my vote for the date and as mentioned I was under the impression we all wanted to go back to Port Hudson and have told Rhonda this. We just have phone and book our slips Jan. 2, 2006 if this is what we want.
A poll, or should we just do it! :confused:
Cheers
Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.