Newport CA 35 on ebay

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
that e35 needs thousands of dollars og gera, hundreds of man hours of labor to get it sea worthy...whats up w/the layout? looks weird to me....it may be worth gettin it for free.....

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Unique

This boat has a totally custom interior-some of which I like, but not the part about nowhere to sleep in the main cabin (lot's of chairs, though!). Like the carbon mast support piece!

Hs a set up for a self tendding jib-pretty interesting for about 5-8K..

S

NateHanson

Sustaining Member
Looks like a thorough rebuild inside and out. (not sure I understand the maze of bench-seating). Still a long way to go. If the binnacle (not shown) and all deck-hardware, rigging, rudder, etc are still around then this could be a good deal, but if any of that stuff is missing, then this project could get far too expensive really quick.

No engine either, I think. There's $5,000.

Last edited:

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
I e mailed the seller to query about the source of the hull, history of the project, etc...no response...

I estimated ( from the avail photos) aprox $20k -$50 left to put into that boat to make ready for sea trials ... Labor factored @ $10 per hour .... I would state one is much better off finding a nice, used e35 in factory or stock condition ...

I am not sure how his layout and weight shifts will effect the sailing and handeling of his "custom" e35 ...... :esad: