New winter cover

windblown

Member III
This winter's project was a DIY winter boat cover for "Tradewinds." We took the old cover off today to try the new one on for a final fitting. I'm pleased with how it turned out. Thank you, Sailrite, for the right sewing machine to handle the job and 3.5 hours of DIY videos (which I studied carefully!)

winter cover test fit smaller.jpgwinter cover test fit smaller.jpg

peaman

Sustaining Member
Wow! What a fantastic massive project! Doing "exterior" projects this winter, under the (very well ventilated!) three-part canvas cover that came with my boat, I have been wondering if that is something I would want to take on. Sailrite is an excellent resource and a great source of inspiration as well. They have helped with repairing my dodger, mounting a solar panel, modifying my helm cover, making fender covers, and more. But nothing quite like a full winter cover. So how much fabric did this project take for your 32-3?

Very impressive work. I'm jealous.

windblown

Member III
Wow! What a fantastic massive project! Doing "exterior" projects this winter, under the (very well ventilated!) three-part canvas cover that came with my boat, I have been wondering if that is something I would want to take on. Sailrite is an excellent resource and a great source of inspiration as well. They have helped with repairing my dodger, mounting a solar panel, modifying my helm cover, making fender covers, and more. But nothing quite like a full winter cover. So how much fabric did this project take for your 32-3?

Very impressive work. I'm jealous.
Thanks for the affirmation. It was a big project, but I really enjoyed it. It took 65 yds of 60" fabric. I chose Top Notch 11 for its durability and resistance to abrasion. I chose to make the skirt long enough to cover most of the hull, down to the waterline.