New owner introductions

csoule13

Member III
Good evening everyone,

My old man and I are about to close out purchasing an '83 Ericson 30. We'll be sailing out of the Rhode river area of Maryland. Couple of novices looking forward to the season to really start working on our skills. We are both very excited about the new adventures in front of us.

Take care,
Chris and Mark

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Welcome!

Welcome to our band of owners!
Lots of information here, and while the site software has its strong points, I do find that using "Google" to make site searches works very well for me. Often better than the built-in search function.

Use your browser search box, and type in 'ericsonyachts.org: fuel tank' or whatever words you want to put in after the site name.

There are regional forums if looking for 'local knowledge' and planning for raft-ups with other Ericson owners in your sailing area, too.

Post up your questions and share your solutions. :nerd:

Regards,
Loren

EY.org moderator and general dogsbody....
:egrin:

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Yes, welcome!

Had the survey/sea trial yet? Ericson 30 owners here can tell you what to look for and typical issues of their boats.

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
The Ericson 30+ boats are great, well built and sail well. I hope it works out for you! There is lots of good information on maintenance and projects on this site.
Frank

D & DM Cahill

Member II
New boat owners

Hi Chris and Mark. Welcome aboard. You have purchased a very nice looking boat! I visit the "What's New?" section of this site almost every day. I almost always find something that is a help to me. If you are new to boating, I would suggest that you contact your local United States Power Squadron and ask them for a free vessel safety check. It will help you meet all the Coast Guard boating requirements. The USPS also has many boating classes ranging from a basic boating safety purse to courses on Piloting and Navigation, etc. Anyway, welcome to the "Ericson" family. I have met some really great Ericson owners through this site. Best of luck with the new boat. Dave Cahill, SV Amazing Grace, E38

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Welcome to the forum. Lots of great info here. Makes owning an Ericson even better!
Rick

jengels

Member II
Chris and Mark, I have an '83 30+ on Long Island. I've done quite a bit of work on it and know just about every inch of it. Let me know if i can help you out with some of the stuff I've learned.

John