New owner E 25 Cb 1978: what's that?

wolly bugger

Member II
I just bought the boat last week and I'm trying to prioritize my list of projects. First, can anyone tell me what this through hull is for? (hopefully the attached pictures will work) It is located under the forward bilge hatch. I need to do some epoxy work and was wondering if I should remove it and seal the opening will I'm at it. There is a loose wire nearby, but I'm not sure it is related to this. The only use that I could think of was an easy way to sink the boat if needed, but I have no intention of doing that any time soon!

Second, my boom vang block is not spinning. Is there a way to free it, or does it need to be replaced. I tried to spray it with WD40, but it did not do a thing. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_2640.jpg
    IMG_2640.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2643.jpg
    IMG_2643.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 34

sleather

Sustaining Member
First, can anyone tell me what this through hull is for? (hopefully the attached pictures will work) It is located under the forward bilge hatch. There is a loose wire nearby, but I'm not sure it is related to this. ?

Knotmeter/speedo sending unit. The loose wire indicates that the sending unit died at some point inthe past and the PO removed it. Pic of mine.

Attachments

• speedo.JPG
    speedo.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 38