• Untitled Document

Join us on May 31st, 7pm EDT

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

May Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New Member Looking for a Specific Ericson 29

gotwind

Hello Ericson fans! New to the forum and currently sailing a Paceship PY23.

I joined this forum to learn more about Ericson Yachts but am also looking for some help. I am trying to track down a very specific Ericson 29. My Grandparent's boat to be exact.

My Grandfather bought a 1975 E29 from the factory. It was delivered to New York State and launched at Oneida Lake Yacht Club. Unfortunately, my grandfather wasn't able to sail the boat much as he passed away very young. Long story short, my Grandmother kept the boat, a good friend of hers skippered, my parent's crewed and they won a lot of races.

The boat was sold in the early 90's to another person in the Oneida Lake Yacht Club, but after that I don't know where it went.

What I do know is the following:

1975 E29
Hull ERY29397M75G
NY Registration 1603EC
Sail # 397

Hoping for a bit of luck that this boat is on the forum!

Kevin :egrin:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Did the boat have a name painted on it? It is bad luck to change the name of a boat, so often those who buy used boats keep the original name. I was recently able to find my Father's old boat, by just Googling the length, make and name of his boat. You could also try the New York boat registry. DMV?

Hello Ericson fans! New to the forum and currently sailing a Paceship PY23.

I joined this forum to learn more about Ericson Yachts but am also looking for some help. I am trying to track down a very specific Ericson 29. My Grandparent's boat to be exact.

My Grandfather bought a 1975 E29 from the factory. It was delivered to New York State and launched at Oneida Lake Yacht Club. Unfortunately, my grandfather wasn't able to sail the boat much as he passed away very young. Long story short, my Grandmother kept the boat, a good friend of hers skippered, my parent's crewed and they won a lot of races.

The boat was sold in the early 90's to another person in the Oneida Lake Yacht Club, but after that I don't know where it went.

What I do know is the following:

1975 E29
Hull ERY29397M75G
NY Registration 1603EC
Sail # 397

Hoping for a bit of luck that this boat is on the forum!

Kevin :egrin:

gotwind

Searching with the hull number shows that it is not documented in the US or Canada. Hopefully someone at the DMV is feeling nice enough to help me out!