New E-32 Owner

Roger

Member II
We finally did it! After years of lurking & occasionally contributing on this site, I’m finally a proud Ericson owner:egrin:! My wife & I purchased an ’86 32-3 (#668) in San Diego and brought it up to Long Beach this past weekend, about a 90 nm passage. A long way for our first voyage on the boat, but all went smoothly and she’s now residing in Alamitos Bay Marina. Her current name is “Wind Wisp”, but we plan to change it to “Equilibrium” (with proper ceremony, of course).

One of the reasons I went through with it is because of the great support network offered by this site. Although I was very familiar with new Ericsons (I worked there for 7 years, and one of my first projects was developing the 32-3), there are a lot of issues that come up on a 26 year old boat. As of now, my “to do” list is 3 pages long and growing, even though the boat was in quite good condition when we bought it.

We hope to see some of you in Catalina over the coming months.

-Roger

Mindscape

Member III
32-3

Congrats! We've got an 1985 32-3 and love it. Fair winds, don't let the to do list get in the way of the sailing list:)

windjunkee

Member III
I think you should move your boat to Redondo Beach. We have 4 E-32s on our dock alone.

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason E-32-2 Hull #134
Redondo Beach, CA

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Congratulations!We're 32-200 owners but love all the Ericsons.It would be neat to hear some stories about how it was at Ericson when you worked there.Rick

Roger

Member II
Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome!! It's a great club to belong to.

Spent the weekend working on the boat - made some progress, but the list is still growing fast as I familiarize myself with the boat. Suspect it will be a short novel soon.:egrin:

Rick, I've considered the idea of writing either a blog or forum thread about my memories and experiences at Ericson. If there's interest, I'll try to get on that, eventually.

One question for the 32-3 owners: when we were sailing our boat upwind in a breeze, I found myself toe-deep in water on the outboard cockpit sole. It reminded me that on the 32-3 we had switched the outboard cockpit scuppers to the type with a floating ball, apparently some time after my boat was built. If anyone here has those, are they effective in keeping the water out when heeled? They're quite pricey, but probably worth it if they work.

Thanks again,
Roger

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome!! It's a great club to belong to.

Spent the weekend working on the boat - made some progress, but the list is still growing fast as I familiarize myself with the boat. Suspect it will be a short novel soon.:egrin:

Rick, I've considered the idea of writing either a blog or forum thread about my memories and experiences at Ericson. If there's interest, I'll try to get on that, eventually.

One question for the 32-3 owners: when we were sailing our boat upwind in a breeze, I found myself toe-deep in water on the outboard cockpit sole. It reminded me that on the 32-3 we had switched the outboard cockpit scuppers to the type with a floating ball, apparently some time after my boat was built. If anyone here has those, are they effective in keeping the water out when heeled? They're quite pricey, but probably worth it if they work.

Thanks again,
Roger

You may want to cross the lines (run the port through hull to the starboard scupper)-that should help

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Roger, you picked a great model, IMHO.

I have done a coastal delivery in a sistership, and it has a nice easy motion offshore.
Solid boat in every way.

:egrin:

Loren