New Dodger for 30+

bigtyme805

Member III
I wanted to give some of the 30+ owners a look at the new dodger I had installed on my 30+. It was a work in progress. I looked at a few dodger pictures of 30+ boats, but did not like the boxy look they were portraying to my eyes. So I worked with a canvas maker to give the dodger an aerodynamic look. The 30+ possesses several issues when building the dodger, the low boom being the biggest one of all. The other being all the lines running aft and the position of the clutches.

The handrails will be put on tomorrow which will end this project.

Just in time for winter cruising in the Channel Islands area. Picture included of backside of Anacapa Island Arch Rock.

Total cost $1,800 installed.

Attachments

• DSC00154.JPG
    DSC00154.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC00153.JPG
    DSC00153.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00152.JPG
    DSC00152.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00149.JPG
    DSC00149.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC00146.JPG
    DSC00146.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

sleather

Sustaining Member
E23 prototype

We "little" guys have the same needs! That's actually a fairly good prototype for my boat, as the E23 has the continuous curved coaming across the "deck house". When it's down I want it to "match" the existing curve(challenging geometrics), low boom is a given! When I led all my halyards aft I located the winch islands w/ a dodger in mind.

It reminds me of the "rag top" on an old "bathtub" Porsche(that's good!)
Should be "good" for a 120mph blow!

Last edited:

bigtyme805

Member III
The guy that did my last dodger got colon cancer and has been tied up with chemo so his company is behind in orders so I found another guy that worked for him for 20 years and branched off on his own. Plus he has no ego he will do whatever you want him to do if that is what you desire.

The key to the dodger is the bend in the stainless steel frame. I had mine bent at 18in. The industry standard is 12in hence the boxy look.