New Boater

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
At last, SOMEONE from the Mid-Atlantic!

Again, congrats - I saw your other post. Want to be a moderator for the Atlantic board??? :) I can assure you - it will take very little of your time!

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Moderators

It's pretty simple - you're assigned to a board, and whenever someone posts to that board, the system kicks you out a notification (explains why Loren is Johhny-on-the-Spot :) ). You can choose to reply or not - but either way, you'll hear about it.

I'll add you today - but like I said, the traffic on that board has been so slow... (non existant, really)...so don't expect too much activity...

Thanks!
//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Ok - it's done. You should have received a notification of this message.

Thanks,
//sse

PkandLisa

Tim,

I'm sailing (or will soon be sailing) an E35 named Galileo.

I plan to sail out of Deltaville - probably from Ruark's marina.

Where do you sail out of?

Parker

tgodlee

Parker,

I currently sail a Cal 34 out of Oxford. I am however currently looking at a 1981 Ericson 38. Just having a hard time coming up with a fair price to pay!!

Tim.

rehammond

Mid-Atlantic Ericsons

Rico - I have a 'new' (1974) Ericson 27 I'm hoping to have in the water by next Spring. I'll be keeping her on the Sassafras at GYB. Maybe I'll see you down there.

Bob Hammond

RicoPaolino

Member II
Hi
That would be great! How are you liking your 27? Are you up to a bunch of winter projects?

( sorry for the delay in response. )

rehammond

New E27 on the Eastern Shore

Should be quite a project - but I hope to be in the water sailing by May, 03. I'm attaching a photo of what I started with - at a very reasonable price due to having sat on the hard for 10 years. Maybe we'll hook up somewhere up Swan Creek.

Bob

Attachments

• surlevent01.jpg
    surlevent01.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 208

RicoPaolino

Member II
Ooooh Ahhhh.....

Very nice! With an ice storm out the window today the pic is a day brightner.

I esp like the spot where you tore off the duct taped "for sale" sign.

My big project is the compainion way hatch. I have to go this weekend to take it off and get it rebuilt.

Swan creek would be great. That's where my slip is. But that's where we like to anchor.

rehammond

And speaking of hatches - notice the old grill covering the forward opening... I also have to do a new main hatch and will probably do smokey Lexan replacements for both. Many more projects than one winter's worth - but what else is there to do...

Bob

RicoPaolino

Member II
Bob
I replaced the hatch "glass" last year. I took them off had lexan manufactured ( with the right size, counter sunk holes etc ) at a glass place. They charged about $250 for each of the hatches as they had to buy a sheet of the lexan in that thickness ( sorry forgot the size ) The end result is they look great and will last another 20 years.

The big problem was keeping water out of the boat over winter!

Can't wait to see your boat done next year!!!

rehammond

So I suppose you don't want to hear that I purchased a piece of 3/8" smokey lexan for $35 that was simply a left-over the glass guy wanted to get rid of. It's enough to do the forward hatch. On top of that, he gave me free instruction in how to work it based on my previous employment as a carpenter for a general contractor. And I still have all my tools - you can NEVER have too many tools, can you? I figure I'll probably work up a couple of 'project' entries for the site to show some of the work I'm going through. Small price to pay for all of the good info I've found on this site.

knot-a-clew

I just came upon this string today and am please to correspond with other Ericson owners from the area.

Bob on Swan Creek---If you have a question about your 27, maybe I can help. I redid my '78 E27 two winters ago. While no project like that is ever finished (you always come up with something else you would like to do) I have gotten to the point with mine that the projects are more managable and don't keep me off the water.

My wife and I sail out of Middle River-Bowleys Marina and visit Swan a few times each year--after we load up on Crabs at the Waterman's.

My project for this winter will be the leaking port lights. Actually, I came upon this thread looking for owners who have done this work on their boats. I got quite a bit of info from Sailnet, not much here. Anyway, I was quite pleased to see other Ericson owners posting to this site, especially those with 27s. Enjoy your project and keep us all in mind if you need any "local knowledge".

Bob in Va

Member III
Hi Parker, welcome to the wonderful world of Ericson. I keep a boat in Deltaville too (half owner, actually), a 28 Columbia, but do more sailing in my E-23-2 on Smith Mt. Lake because I live 3.5 hrs from D'ville and only an hour from the lake. We brought the Columbia up from Newport News last April 30th, and had a real adventure getting into the Deltaville channel at night - with all the background lights the visibility of channel markers was LOUSY. I can tell you a lot about the consistency, color, odor, and probably taste of Deltaville mud. But at least it's mud, not rocks. I'm trying to research the history of the E-23, as it's kind of an obscure boat, so if you run into any other owners with info, please direct them to me. Spring's not TOO far off. Regards- Bob