Need toggle/turnbuckle for E38

JohnK

Member II
Hi all,
While rigging my boat over the weekend, we discovered that some parts apparently did not make the trip when my newly-purchased '87 E38 was transported from the Midwest. Two of the four toggle/turnbuckles for the forward and aft lowers are missing. One is pictured below. I haven't found a suitable replacement locally or on the internets yet. Does anyone know where I can get a couple of these pieces? The stud is 7/16".

Thanks very much in advance,
John

Attachments

• IMAGE_00027.jpg
    IMAGE_00027.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
From Glyn Judson... :egrin:

-----Original Message-----
From: glynjudson@adelphia.net [mailto:glynjudson@adelphia.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 8:25 AM
To: EY.o Information Exchange
Subject: Re: New Post/Thread Notification: Maintenance & Mechanical

John,

From what I can see it looks like you have Navtec turnbuckles. They're still in business and will gladly supply you with what you need. COntact them here: http://www.navtec.net/home/index.cfm

Just as a double check, look at the heads of some of your clevis pins and if original, will read Navtec on them.

Good luck,

Glyn

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
Try www.riggingonly.com They are very close, right in Fairhaven, MA and a Navtec dealer. There is another sailboat hardware shop in Fall River, MA but I can't remember the name, let your fingers do the walking.... Lastly, call the Brewers Sakonnet Marina in Portsmouth, RI and ask for Walter the rigger. He got my Navtec toggle bolts for me. RT

JohnK

Member II
Found 'em

Thanks to all. Yes, it is a Navtec part, "Eye end with Toggle" D531-1414. The place I found them in stock and at a very good price was at Bay Sailing Equipment in Fall River. Was this the place you were thinking of, Rob? Anyway, I'm good to go. Thanks again!

John

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
JohnK,
Yes! Bay Sailing Equipment in Fall River, MA! Its that little shop in a house on the back street of a slightly run down neighborhood? Their prices are quite good, they make standing rigging onsite, have plenty of stock, even rebuild Navtec hydraulics right there. Thats where Brewers gets all their parts and then marks them up..... Glad you found them. RT

Peter K

Member II
I just ordered 8 shroud screws plus backstay and mast turnbuckle screws. Rigrite wanted about double the cost of some of the other Navtec dealers. Shop around!