Need to part with 1971 Ericson 32

Gene Allison

I got this boat at auction several years ago for a song. The Atomic 4 was not working but all else seemed sound. I designed and installed a motor bracket on the transom and mounted a 25 HP outboard to be able to sail the boat. My dream was to do a complete restoration as I fell in love with the boat. Current times require I get rid of it the best way possible. It is currently in a slip in Kemah/Clear Lake Texas. The boat needs alot of work including an interior change out. Does anyone think this boat has value or should it be considered salvage? I appreciate all comments.

Dwayne

She is not so bad

She looks better than the boat I am currently restoring. I could find a home for her. But I don't think you can get any money for her in the winter. Maybe be a couple k in the spring to a local person. I would try to mover her in one piece, as soon as you start to part her out she has no value. If you still have her in the spring I would be interested, but I have my hands full with two boat till then.

Permenter59

Member II
Hi Gene

She is a good looking boat. We might be interested. We sold our E29 this year and were hoping to move up to an E39. We haven't found a local E39 yet, and are not sure about making a decision on something long distance. So we may go to a smaller boat - less cost, less risk. Also, I have a brother in law in Galveston and we get down there during the year. We have been to the Kemah area. If I am in town and the boat is available, we will look you up. Good luck.

Gene Allison

Unfortunately, I need to part with the boat ASAP to eliminate slip payments. I will post it this week on Houston Craigslist for 2K or best offer and see what happens. If someone wants to contact me directly, I can be reached at 713-899-3491.

Czech Mate

Member II
Gene:

It would be a shame to have to part it out, but if you find yourself in that situation, I have a 1975 E-32 that could use numerous components and would appreciate hearing what you decide to do.

Bill

Gene Allison

I posted the boat on Houston's Craigslist for $2,500.00, including the outboard. I started getting calls immeadiately and ended up selling the boat is 3 days. I was very surprised how much attention it got and how many people wanted the boat. I still hate that I had to get rid of it.