need info...

rhewitt

Member II
1988 Ericson 34,, down here in Nicaragua.

Has any one replaced dome lights, if so what has been the best replacement?

Where can I get a replacement door knob for the head door?

How about the double plastic (tan) channel slide for the cabinets, I need 8 of them 20" long or I can cut.

Where can I order the groved holddowns that the Lewmar twist locks go under... the ones with two rivets in them.

Thanks,

Ralph Hewitt

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
1988 Ericson 34,, down here in Nicaragua.

Where can I get a replacement door knob for the head door?

How about the double plastic (tan) channel slide for the cabinets, I need 8 of them 20" long or I can cut.

Where can I order the groved holddowns that the Lewmar twist locks go under... the ones with two rivets in them.

Thanks,

Ralph Hewitt

I am not sure where one could find a replacement light -- ours are some Swedish sounding brand as I remember. Nice quality and one could put one of the new led bulb assemblies in, I understand. I see a lot of round marine and RV lights that might replace the original fixture if that's what would work out best.

The head door hardware is Perko on ours. I believe that the same parts are still available from them.
That plastic channel stuff might be available from an RV supply place; it is aluminum on our model, BTW.

Check with Lewmar directly -- I know that hinge kits are available and I will bet that someone like Defender or Jamestown might be a web source. Those holddowns must have come loose on more than one boat by now...
http://en.lewmar.com/support/index.aspx?page_id=658

Regards,
Loren

Last edited:

Sven

Seglare

This is what we are going to try:

http://doctorled.com/p24.htm

We'll use red/white for the 3 overhead "night" lights and white/brighter white for the 9 area lights that now have 2x8 watt fluorescent fixtures. We'll try one of each first just as a test but assume they will do the job.

-Sven