Need E27 Spinn. Halyard install info

roy9216

I have a Ericson27 and I want to install a Halyard so I can use my spinnaker.
My question is what do I need to install to make this work? And how would I fasten a block to the top of my mast? pictures would be a help.

Thanks for any help
Roy9216
<!-- / message -->

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Woody, I would use a cheek block at the top of your mast. I am not familiar with the top of a 27 mast so you will have to figure out proper placement. Hopefully someone else here with a 27 can help.

Spinnaker, etc.

I have a cruising chute on my 1973 E-27. The halyards are internal. So the spinnaker halyard exits below the top of the mast, goes through a cheek block to change the direction and then over a 360-degree swiveling block at the truck, forward. Works fine. My boat is close by. I can take a digital shot of the setup and get it to you within hours, but the yard is closed today and my boat is on the hard. Want the shot? (mstine7611@earthlink.net)

Morgan Stinemetz

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
Please post Pictures

Please post the picture(s) on this thread. I am also interested in the setup as I will be hopefully making a trip up the mast in the near future to change the windex.

Todd
1976, E-27
Alamitos Bay

ragamuffin

Member II
Masthead Spinnaker Bail for E27

I had a custom Bail/crane made for mine. See Pic. Also Check out rigrite.com they may have something that would work.

Attachments

• ragamuffin bail.jpg
    ragamuffin bail.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 1,795