need centerboard

Wysailer

Member II
Replacement CB

One Option is to rebuild and another is to get one from Idasailor. If you check the threads on this Steve Swann got one from them, they are in Boise, ID I think. Steve is happy with his replacement one.
They run about $900 or thereabouts.

I would like to get one too as mine is need of repair or replacement too. Maybe this year.

Scott
1973 25Cb

misscusa

e25 parts

thanks scott! i am also designing a top hatch for the companionway...any thoughts on that? i love to hear what people have tried/like.
c

Wysailer

Member II
Hatch

I have been looking over the threads for hatch information. Lots of good posts there.
BigD14 did a blog on the classicplastic web site for his Ericson rebuild that I will be reviewing too.
My thought is to replicate the side rails on mine with one exception and that is to add a plastic insert to allow the hatch to slide on easier than just the wood.
Still looking at options. If you come up with some ideas let us know.

Scott
CB 25

Steve Swann

Member III
Build a hatch

Not difficult to do. Here are pictures of one I rebuilt for a friend:

Attachments

• Hatch Assembly 2.jpg
    Hatch Assembly 2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Hatch Assembly 3.jpg
    Hatch Assembly 3.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Hatch Assembly 9.jpg
    Hatch Assembly 9.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 42

Wysailer

Member II
Steve's hatch rebuild

Steve,

Can you expand on how you did the rebuild? Looks like a good option for me.

Scott
25 CB

Steve Swann

Member III
Companionway rebuild

Scott,

I salvaged the frame but built strips of marine plywood with about a 3 degree taper and a rabbet joint. These were placed back in the curved frame with a 1/8" skin of cedar veneer vacuum bagged on the exterior and interior. I then put a layer of WEST epoxy and 4 coats of Epiphanes high gloss for finish. It worked slicker 'n a mole hole!

Steve Swann
Boise ID