Need a Boat Yard Soon!! Near Houston??

Unsettled1

Member I
The hardest thing to find in the Houston area would be a boat yard that will allow me to repair my boat and then let me pay them for the space and time it was there. Funny, everywhere else along the Alabama and Florida coasts where I have run boats, most marinas make money this way. Charge you to pull your boat out, then charge you for a spot in the yard for you to do your own work, plus some of their contractors get to pick up work by badgering you etc... I guess Houston, Galveston areas are different?? Too much oil money? No one needs my money for boat yard space and fiberglass repair or two????

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
We have plenty of DIY yards in Pensacola.

Maybe buy a trailer and haul it home to work on it?

Edit* I just noticed you ARE looking for a trailer.

Last edited:

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
I guess Houston, Galveston areas are different??

It's fact - I spent a most of a week in December in Galveston and couldn't find a bartender that could make a martini without going to his/her smart phone. Scary. A martini without vermouth isn't difficult.

gulfcoaster

Member III
3 yards in the Clear Lake Area

The only one I believe will let you do your own work is Clear Lake Marine Center on NASA One 281 326-4426. Their are others you may want to check with. Seabrook Shipyard 281 474-2586. Watergate Marina 281 334-1511. Pier 77 in Galveston 409 740-4000. Hillman Boat Yard in Dickinson 281 339-1506. This one advertises "Do It Yourself". Good Luck.

Unsettled1

Member I
The only one I believe will let you do your own work is Clear Lake Marine Center on NASA One 281 326-4426. Their are others you may want to check with. Seabrook Shipyard 281 474-2586. Watergate Marina 281 334-1511. Pier 77 in Galveston 409 740-4000. Hillman Boat Yard in Dickinson 281 339-1506. This one advertises "Do It Yourself". Good Luck.

Awesome!! Thank You!!

gadangit

Member III
South Texas Yachting Service will let you do some things in the yard as a boat owner. I paid them to put in a thru hull and install my max prop. I am more than capable of doing either, but I didn't think they would let me. But when I paid on the way out they said that I could have done it myself. Oh well.

They are located in Watergate Marina.

http://stysyacht.com/

Chris

Unsettled1

Member I
South Texas Yachting Service will let you do some things in the yard as a boat owner. I paid them to put in a thru hull and install my max prop. I am more than capable of doing either, but I didn't think they would let me. But when I paid on the way out they said that I could have done it myself. Oh well.They are located in Watergate Marina.http://stysyacht.com/Chris
Awesome I will check them out! Thank you!