motoring with outboard

gargrag

Member II
Thanks for the pic Guzzi. I also have a 9.9 Nissan but mounted in cutout of transom and am planning to add remote control this season. I was struggling with location as my 27 never had an inboard, and so no clues as to best spot. Maneuvering with separate throttle, shift lever and reversed tiller handle, all at furthest aft point in cockpit has been sometimes challenging, tho always fun. I'm looking forward to "Easy Peasy":cool:
@Gaviate my remote is installed on the transom. I’m going to move the remote to were the original controls where. Why? The main reason is that if the prop us aft the rudder, when reversing, it can put a lot of force on your tillerand you will have a shorter harder lever to deal with,

also you get used to the same visual references as you steer always from the same positions in the cockpit

i made up my mind that steering with only one steer while it may require more back and forth or it can limit maneuverability, its safer at least for me.

Good luck installing that remote!

Bepi

E27 Roxanne
I have an e27 with an f-25 Yamaha motor mounted on a flexible bracket on the stern. As Christian mentioned, short bursts to get your momentum, once she is moving she will turn on a dime. Roxanne wants to go straight if there's any thrust and on occasion I'll have to use the tiller like a flipper to convince her to go over.

Guzzisailor

Member II
If look closely I drilled a small hole through the transom so the remote control cables would work more freely without having to bend over the transom.

Attachments

• 6DA9EAE4-CAE9-4576-A07A-26B382DBF13E.jpeg
    6DA9EAE4-CAE9-4576-A07A-26B382DBF13E.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 12
  • 64E8DF85-2DBB-4594-8300-B52AB1976E44.jpeg
    64E8DF85-2DBB-4594-8300-B52AB1976E44.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 12