Monhegan and Sequin Sprint Race in Maine

Lawdog

Member III
Sequin Start.jpg
My 1983 Ericson 38 took 1st place in Jib and Main, Class B (5 boats), over this past weekend, and we also beat all but 1 boat in JAM class A on corrected time (6 boats including a J40, Dehler 38, Beneteau 36.7, Beneteau 423, Sabre 402) and beat another bunch of boats in Spinnaker Class, in this 50-mile offshore race, finishing 15th across the line, out of 35 boats! pretty exciting. I have a 2-year-old set of Quantum sails which made the difference. Pretty good for a 40-year-old boat I purchased on Ebay!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Next, you need to cut off all the handles off your toothbrushes to gain another nano-knot.
Seriously, congratulations and that's a lovely boat!
:egrin:

Last edited:

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Loren, Did you notice the boat in the background? Looks like an Olson Toilet Seat on that main! Looks like someone added a port to the hull??
Great looking 38 Lawdog and congrats! I love doing those destination races. Excuse the change in focus.

Lawdog

Member III
Ha ha, true, they came with the boat and I was going to remove them, but they have proven extremely useful. Everytime I think of removing them, I have to climb the mast for some reason and keep them. The boat in the background is a spinnaker class Olson 34, which I beat on corrected time. They have carbon sails as well.

Saverio

Member III
View attachment 47846
My 1983 Ericson 38 took 1st place in Jib and Main, Class B (5 boats), over this past weekend, and we also beat all but 1 boat in JAM class A on corrected time (6 boats including a J40, Dehler 38, Beneteau 36.7, Beneteau 423, Sabre 402) and beat another bunch of boats in Spinnaker Class, in this 50-mile offshore race, finishing 15th across the line, out of 35 boats! pretty exciting. I have a 2-year-old set of Quantum sails which made the difference. Pretty good for a 40-year-old boat I purchased on Ebay!
sorry I have a 38 200 are your sails Dacron? A thousand thanks. Xavier