Mercury Inflatable

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I am thinking of buying a RIB. I found a great deal on a new 2006 Mercury Ocean Runner 290. Can anyone tell me about the quality of these boats? I have read they are very rugedly built but a little on the heavy side. Nothing I have read so far has anything bad to say. I am looking for owners with first hand experience.

Thanks

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
Is it hypalon or PVC? There are a few folks at my club that have had PVC Mercury inflatables that have gotten "sticky". Mercury has replaced the tubes under warranty so at least they stand behind the product. RT

treilley

Sustaining Partner
It is PVC. I also plan to buy a cover as it will be left in the water. Defender is selling 2006 models for less than $1000.

jkm

Member III
Tim

I've had one for four years. It's tough and durable. The price was right.

Last winter it was ripped (about 2 inches) when a teenager rammed it into a dock at high speed. It took me two attempts to fix it, it has held and is fine.

My problem was not using the repair kit (couldn'y find it) and used PVC glue from the hardware store. Didn't work. When I used the marine quality PVC glue and followed the directions I was up and running.

I really have no complaints about it.

Understand it was a pretty nice day today (Sunday) in Me.

John